IGNORED

Subscribe to Golfer's Journal

iacas

2 hours ago, TRACON said:

Only quarterly and at that price?  Wow, you’re right.   Too expen$ive.   Thanks for clarifying.  

The first issue is 133 pages. It has more real content than other golf magazines have in 6 months, possibly longer. Just the article on the LPGA was better than anything I've ever read in Golf Magazine or Golf Digest. Frequently, expensive is worth it.

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I know of at least one more TST member who has seen the value in this… Cool beans.

https://www.golfersjournal.com/referral/c247508404

@DeadMan, can you post a few pictures or a little video of yourself flipping through the first release?

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

I know of at least one more TST member who has seen the value in this… Cool beans.

@DeadMan, can you post a few pictures or a little video of yourself flipping through the first release?

Not the best quality video, but here you go:

• Like 1

-- Daniel

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Not the best quality video, but here you go:

It shows what I knew it would show… or wouldn't show: very many advertisements.

Folks, this is 130+ pages of non-advertising golf content and photography.

You can't compare this to Golf Magazine, Golf Digest, etc.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

It shows what I knew it would show… or wouldn't show: very many advertisements.

Folks, this is 130+ pages of non-advertising golf content and photography.

You can't compare this to Golf Magazine, Golf Digest, etc.

That actually crossed my mind, as well. Those other magazines are only "cheap" because their publishing is subsidized by advertising revenue. Their content is mostly ads and I could go through an entire magazine's worth of articles in just one sitting. One of the many reasons I stopped subscribing.

This looks great, though. I was debating getting the first issue, but now that I've seen what it looks like in @DeadMan's video, I'm definitely going to get it.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

The one thing I would say is that it's almost entirely long form pieces about golf. I personally really enjoy that type of reading and journalism, so I loved the magazine. If you aren't interested in a 10,000 word piece on something, it might not be the magazine for you.

That said, I really want this magazine to succeed. So buy it!

-- Daniel

• 3 weeks later...

My subscriber's box set is here!! This is a stellar periodical. Of course the articles are thought provoking but the photography and over all quality is high end. 

It came with the publisher's welcome letter and a  gorgeous brushed nickel ball marker.

To use a line from the letter - it is a commercially quiet publication that knows there is far more to golf than swing instruction, course rankings, and press conferences.

Everything from the cover to cover in it seems singularly focussed on capturing our connection to the soul of golf. Bravo.

1511661396660-131329411.jpg

15116615129681172905159.jpg

Vishal S.

57 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

My subscriber's box set is here!! This is a stellar periodical. Of course the articles are thought provoking but the photography and over all quality is high end. 

It came with the publisher's welcome letter and a  gorgeous brushed nickel ball marker.

To use a line from the letter - it is a commercially quiet publication that knows there is far more to golf than swing instruction, course rankings, and press conferences.

Everything from the cover to cover in it seems singularly focussed on capturing our connection to the soul of golf. Bravo.

1511661396660-131329411.jpg

15116615129681172905159.jpg

I got mine earlier this week too, but haven't actually read it yet. I went with a year's subscription.

That ball marker is pretty cool. It's bigger than I thought it would be.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

17 hours ago, billchao said:

That ball marker is pretty cool. It's bigger than I thought it would be.

It's part marker, part medal.. :-)

Vishal S.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

It's part marker, part medal.. :-)

That's a good way of putting it!

Y'all can still sign up here!

I picked up the first issue at Barnes & Noble and loved it.  I really pleasurable read cover to cover, and as a photographer the imagery is really top notch.  It's from the team behind Surfers' Journal which was a similar concept.

Does anyone know when issue 2 is due to be released?

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, gill said:

Does anyone know when issue 2 is due to be released?

Soon. Did you choose to subscribe? Great magazine. The writing and photography are good.

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Soon. Did you choose to subscribe? Great magazine. The writing and photography are good.

I haven't subscribed yet... I think I'm holding out to see #2 first and if that keeps up the same standard as the first I'll take up a subscription

19 hours ago, ryanpalm said:

I was really impressed with the first issue...I subscribed sight unseen, and I'm very satisfied and glad I did it. Can't wait for issue two!

Same here!  I purchased the first issue only, and was incredibly impressed.  Fantastic photography, and great writing...with a more in-depth view than I've seen from any other golf periodical.

I'm definitely going to be subscribing, and I'm looking forward to the second issue.

My only (minor) quibble: for a publication this "nice" (and expensive), they really should shrink-wrap it in plastic.  Our illustrious postman decided to throw the envelope on our porch instead of our mailbox, so mine ended up water damaged.  Not the fault of GJ, of course.

- John

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

I'm definitely going to be subscribing, and I'm looking forward to the second issue.

When you do… https://www.golfersjournal.com/referral/c247508404

Thanks. :-)

Also, to those who asked when the next edition was out…

Looks like this week.

8 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

My only (minor) quibble: for a publication this "nice" (and expensive), they really should shrink-wrap it in plastic.  Our illustrious postman decided to throw the envelope on our porch instead of our mailbox, so mine ended up water damaged.  Not the fault of GJ, of course.

Kinda their fault that it's not shrink-wrapped. Did you ask them about it?

• Administrator

On 11/28/2017 at 6:04 PM, Hardspoon said:

Not the fault of GJ, of course.

You should reach out to them... a UK car magazine I subscribed to years ago suffered the same fate and after emailing them (I'm sure I wasn't the only one) it came in much more substantial packaging the following week.  Given the craftsmanship they put into the publishing I'm sure they want it to arrive in the best possible condition