IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge December 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2303 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 12/21/2017 at 5:44 AM, Lihu said:

Putting the whip back into the steeper swing. Hands as high as possible at the top. Club path still looks reasonable. Simpler path seem s to be better. Just need to incorporate not hitting fat and not flipping at the end. Need to compress downward at the bottom of the swing.

This seems to be working out. I just have to keep myself from flipping at impact. That's possibly why I'm getting a launch angle of 26 degrees with my 9i.

Also working on a steeper path into impact by hitting my club simulator into a target on the ground.

I am coming down steeper so the club will hit the ground sooner. My focus position that worked with the shallower swing isn't going to work very well, duh. That was completely stupid. Using the targeting system to hone in on where I need to put my focus.

Going to take it to the range as soon as I get a little time away from all my family. All 6 kids (mine plus nieces and nephews) are going to Universal Studios, and that's when I plan my range practice.

On 12/21/2017 at 5:44 AM, Lihu said:

Working on club simulator, and now the distance to target (sweet spot) measurement tool. 

The first model looks huge, I'm going to shrink it down a bit. Put it on a regular shaft and the thing looks ridiculously big.

Printing a more compact model. The first one was also too heavy. It didn't allow a full speed swing, it only allowed a slower swing with some resistance. I'm putting together a "bottom detection" tool that I can take to the range with me to practice. Bringing an oscilloscope/laptop to the range is not very practical. This is going to tale a while, and I have high hopes for the Raspberry Pi platform.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dec 23  Day 23   Spent 75 minutes on the putting green working with both Pelz Putting Tutor and Putter Clips, a Gate Drill and another couple drills working on swing mechanics.    Then went to the range for 2 hours of practice using the drills on motion and club awareness from "Train For Golf Like and Olympian."    Attached is a picture of the putting green yesterday when I was practicing.  

IMG_20171222_121035632_HDR.jpg

Went to a nine hole Par 3 course to get in some golf, while my family was at the Musical theater performance "Hamilton" at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood. 

12/23/17:

Did the 4-8-12 putting drill in my living room before my 12 hour shift at work this morning.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

On 12/23/2017 at 6:06 AM, Lihu said:

I am coming down steeper so the club will hit the ground sooner. My focus position that worked with the shallower swing isn't going to work very well, duh. That was completely stupid. Using the targeting system to hone in on where I need to put my focus.

Still practicing this. The club shaft direction is really much simpler to keep in line with the target. Building the range of motion and really pronating the lead wrist.

Going to take it to the range as soon as I get a little time away from all my family. All 6 kids (mine plus nieces and nephews) are going to Universal Studios, and that's when I plan my range practice.

Going to have to wait until Thursday or Friday :-P

Printing a more compact model.

Smaller model is too light, but my son likes the feel.

Printing a larger one with the correct weigh and a larger resistance area.

I'm putting together a "bottom detection" tool that I can take to the range with me to practice. Bringing an oscilloscope/laptop to the range is not very practical. This is going to tale a while, and I have high hopes for the Raspberry Pi platform.

Signals require too much gain. I'm going to have to chance the positions of the sensor so the gain can be lower to increase the BW so I can detect faster swings.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 24  Dec 24    Still nice weather so I went to the putting green and worked for a couple of hours on technical/stroke improvement drills -- Gate Drill, Michael Campbell No Flipping Drill, Pelz Putting Tutor, ... 

12/24/17:

Today was kind of blah weather wise. So I did some slow arm swings in front of a mirror. Just trying to get to the point where I'm comfortable with my positions at the my main backswing checkpoints and especially my first move down.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Stretching out my legs and hips, building range of motion with a steeper swing.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Started the Xmas morning, 6:00 am, with 50 minutes of indoor spinning intervals. Next Strength training using resistance bands, 3x15, increasing the resistance bands each set. Kettlebell swings 3x12. Kettlebell clean and push press, 3x10, with 20 lb. Cool down with 15 minutes of indoor spinning. 

Family just woke up. Xmas breakfast.

Golf, 9 holes, later in afternoon. 

Merry Christmas!!!   Day 25 Dec 25    Lots of great Christmas things today, visiting family, eating, and presents!!   AND when I came home I spent 15 minutes using my Momentus Strength Trainer to help me keep my left arm straighter on the backswing and lots of reps with an Impact Ball   Tomorrow back on the putting green and range!!

12/25/17:

Metal ruler putting drill today working on bead and speed today...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

On 12/24/2017 at 7:26 AM, Lihu said:

Still practicing this. The club shaft direction is really much simpler to keep in line with the target. Building the range of motion and really pronating the lead wrist.

Steeper gets a lot more spin and height. Still working on my focus point.

Smaller model is too light, but my son likes the feel.

Printing a larger one with the correct weigh and a larger resistance area.

The larger model is much better. Adding stabilizing features be cause the walls are so thin the flex a little.

Signals require too much gain. I'm going to have to chance the positions of the sensor so the gain can be lower to increase the BW so I can detect faster swings.

Changing the sensing technology.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 2303 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!