IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge December 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2296 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

23 hours ago, Lihu said:

Using the club simulator to hit a tee. Attempting to hit the sweet spot more often using this more relaxed swing with a mirror to check movement.

Hitting a rubber tee target with my club simulator. The smaller profile of he simulator makes it harder to hit the tip of the rubber tee. Hoping this will improve my ball striking.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12/5/17:

Hit some 9 to 3 9 iron shots this morning. Most of the focus was on solid contact and getting my weight forward.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Dec 5.   Spent 3 hours on the range.   Did 27 Drills which build skills and technique as part of the Six Step Process taught by the Gary Gilchrist Academy.   Each drill required hitting 8 balls.  Getting ready for my weekly golf game!!  Tomorrow will tell how the practice is impacting my ball striking and score. 

Increasing flexibility at top of Swing trying to make the entire movement much more directed and reducing antagonistic muscle tension.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Not sure if ill get disqualified, forgot to post the day of. Yesterday: I went to the indoor range to hit balls. Main focus was rotation; pulling it back into impact to help me turn better. I also tinkered with my address stance a little. I ended up bending my knees a touch more with a little more bend in the hips, while still feeling balance and not too far forward. Once I did this, my striking improved greatly. 

Edited by byrne092

Driver: :tmade: SLDR

Woods: :ping: Rapture 3 Wood

Hybrid: :tmade: R7 Rescue 3H

Irons: :mizuno: JPX900 HM 4-GW

Putter: :odyssey: OG White Hot

12/6/17:

7-iron swings in the yard today. Mostly low and slow takeaway practice.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Dec 6  Day 6    Played 18 holes today at Stone Creek Golf Club, then headed to the range for 45 minutes to work on my lag putting!!!    Shot 81 with 4 three putts!!! And only one of those putts started more than 35 feet from the hole   Grrr!!!

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Today I had a lesson. It was based around the driver. I've had alot if issues making consistent contact. Some of the things we worked on didn't seem to help. We discussed and came up with a short term game plan. I have some bad EE with my driver, so I worked on keeping posture on rotation, similar to what I have been working on with my irons.  

22 hours ago, Lihu said:

Increasing flexibility at top of Swing trying to make the entire movement much more directed and reducing antagonistic muscle tension.

Still working on the flexibility at the top. Increasing the steepness of my lead arm as well.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

1 hour ago, nabzi said:

Stretching my shoulders to work on my flexibility. Allowing me to swing inside on the downswing.

There's a December thread where you might want to post.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

12/7/17:

Wedge work in the yard. Mostly focusing on keeping speed up.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Worked on the putter stroke, path and tempo. 

On 12/7/2017 at 5:31 AM, Lihu said:

Still working on the flexibility at the top. Increasing the steepness of my lead arm as well.

Getting steeper seems to help with height. Not sure if casting it not :-P

Used mirrors to watch, doesn’t seem so. I’ll have to take some slow motion video one morning.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

12/8/17:

Did some path drills with my water bottles today. Mostly working on coming into impact slightly from the inside or neutral. In/out or dead on plane.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Dec 8 Day 8    Did my Super Speed Training Program working on increasing my swing speed.  Then hit a large bucket of drivers working on more stability turning back and finishing on my left foot..   Then played 18 holes and hit lots of extra shots around the green working on distance control -- proximity to the pin on chips and pitches..    Excellent variety of practice.

Practiced getting into my address position in the mirror. Some slow practice swings in the yard.

Note: This thread is 2296 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!