IGNORED

Crowds and slow golf are making me quit the game

ozzynator
Note: This thread is 2310 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I don't think eight minutes sounds reasonable very often.

Let's say golfers tee off exactly when they are supposed to. Each player takes 45 seconds to tee off from the instant the ball is hit (or their tee time starts). That's 3 minutes right there. Three minutes again to play their second shots. That leaves two minutes TOTAL to get into the cart, drive ahead to four tee shots, get yardages, choose the club, hit the shots, clean the clubs, put them back in, and get out of range of the tee shots of the following group.

If everything goes perfectly it's possible. But rarely does everything go perfectly.

Ten minutes is doable.

Agree with this too, 10 minutes is definitely doable. 8 minutes is fast, but reasonable for efficient players as well.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just thinking how many golfers would trade higher green fees for quicker play. Say, double what you are paying now should courses run the slower players off for faster play.

Myself, although not a fan of slow, crowded play, I just figure it is what is, that day. Of course at my age, I am never in hurry to complete anything. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

2 hours ago, Patch said:

Just thinking how many golfers would trade higher green fees for quicker play. Say, double what you are paying now should courses run the slower players off for faster play.

Myself, although not a fan of slow, crowded play, I just figure it is what is, that day. Of course at my age, I am never in hurry to complete anything. 

The OP stated we have clubs that only charge $1500 a year plus initiation and guessing food? La Cañada is $500 a month but unlimited golf and only $1500 in food.

Two kids effectively in college, I can’t afford  that so I pay $500 a year for my Amped players club and $13 twilight rounds

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

19 hours ago, Lihu said:

With ready golf and playing tees that are appropriate 8 minutes sounds reasonable.

The issues arise when people don't play good golf. Typically from losing balls because they are playing too far back or on too difficult a course for them.

Losing balls is my hobby.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

19 hours ago, gregsandiego said:

Losing balls is my hobby.

Used to be mine too! :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 2310 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!