5,884 posts / 298576 viewsLast Reply

Bummer, my post didn’t go through yesterday. 

Day 16 - Yesterday was grip work and filming my Evolvr videos. Today I got my feedback, worked on my pivot with a “helicopter drill” I was given. I’ll film it tomorrow. 

Day 177

Mevo arrived today! Last few UPS delivery attempts have been delayed by local demonstrations, so I wasn't sure it was going to come in today or not.

I kind of jumped right into setting it up and swinging. I was hitting with my 7-iron and was getting some really bizarre carry and spin numbers - like 190-200 yards carry and 2300 rpm. Then I realized that the I had driver selected for the club, which must have been influencing the algorithm. Once I switched to 7-iron, the numbers seemed to align pretty well with what I see on the launch monitor in my lessons - 160-165 carry, 6000-7000 rpm.

Now I just need to start figuring out the best way to use the Mevo for practice. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 10 - 6/3/20 (9/10)

I spent 10 minutes today gripping and regripping the club to ingrain my new stronger grip, and practicing my backswing.

Day 178

Superspeed workout and a bit more playing around with the Mevo. 

Day 63 - gripped club in fingers of left first and checked ability to balance the club when perpendicular using index finger and heel pad atop grip. Then applied right hand with grip in fingers. Rinse, repeat x 15

Day 6 - 6/3/20

Practiced chipping from 16 feet away. 

Day 95 - played 9 at 6:30 AM again. Three pars and driving was pretty good with 4/7 fairways and only one miss put me in a bad spot. Approach shots were off though. The ranges will open again next week, so I will work on it there.

Day 7 - 6/4/20

Practiced indoor putting from 5.5 feet away.

Day 18 - Helicopter Drill and some putting. Also getting out for 9 this afternoon.

Day 179

Did a little exercise with the Mevo this evening to see if I could quell some of the variability I was seeing in swing speed. I warmed up with 15 balls, and then hit 20 more balls, stepping off the mat, doing a pre-shot routine, and then hitting the ball. The process seemed to work well, and I was able to get the standard deviation of SS down from 3.9 mph to 1.6 mph.

Day 96 - Worked on driver and 6 irons drills and filmed to upload to Evolvr. Also did superspeed training and hit 106 with the green and 99 with the driver. I repeated the driver to be sure and got 97.