5,900 posts / 299316 viewsLast Reply

Day 181 - June 27, 2020

Putted in the basement after fulfilling some LSW orders. Lotta driving today so I might not be able to practice later, though Natalie will.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 12.  Range session in the morning.  8-iron and 6-iron, priority piece was emphasized.  Took a few full speed swings and video of two of them to send to see if I'm doing the desired change right (at least, if I am in the right direction).  Also did some putting, 4', 12', 30', focusing on making sure my stroke was with my shoulders (as desired) and not my hands (as I had fallen back into recently).

Day 201

More backswing stuff. Feel is to almost be looking down my back to make sure I’ve done a full turn. 

Day 40 - Incorporated the club into the helicopter drill instead of holding it across my shoulders. This is nice because I can continue focusing on my grip, as I feel it’s regressed a bit lately. 

Day 118 and 119 - Played 18 two days in a row with @billchao and @jamo. We walked Saturday in the pouring rain at Keney Park in Hartford . Had he back nine to ourselves. They helped me work on some green side pitching techniques.

Sunday, played Fox Hopyard again. They helped me work on alignment on the tee with my driver to help me stop hooking. I’ll need to work on that.

Day 202

Played a terrible 18 holes today. Pretty much mailed it in after 5 holes and just goofed around.

Edit: buddy I was playing with pointed out on several shots that I was aiming significantly right of target - of course he pointed this out after the fact, but duly noted for next round to be more deliberate about alignment to my target.

Afterward at home I did some mirror work with backswing and also filmed a couple swings to send to my instructor for the lesson I have scheduled in a week. 

Edited by Darkfrog
Content added

Yesterday was day 12;  today (6/28) I didn't practice or play.  I was going to play, but I was kept awake last night sneezing.  So instead I bought a new car today, as the lack of rest plus evident allergy problems (not something I usually experience) made me believe I wouldn't enjoy the round, and I wasn't scheduled with anyone.  I do not plan to buy a car every time I miss practice/play.  Anyway, it was a happy birthday, but sadly one without any golf.  Will resume the challenge via day 13 tomorrow.

Day 27 - 6/27/20

Played 7 holes at Winding Ridge GC before a rainstorm came in.

Day 28 - 6/28/20

Practice putting indoors from 3 and 6 feet away

Day 29 - 6/29/20

Practiced chipping from 5, 10 and 15 feet away. Also hit some flatballs off the mat.

Day 13.  Spent 20 minutes total (with a break in between) hitting 8-irons and 6-irons.  Indoors, off a mat, into a net, mostly real balls (a few foam first).  Slow practice swings without a ball, then slow practice backswing and start of downswing with a ball, then rest and hit.

Focus was on setup, as per latest evolvr lesson.  Next club match is on Sunday.  Gonna do some cramming of short game in the coming days.

Day 203

Superspeed workout and some mirror work with backswing.