IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 4 - did Day 5 COVID challenge and worked on Priority piece (video in MySwing)

Driver:Β :callaway:Β Rogue STΒ Β / Β Woods:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 5W /Β Hybrid:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 25* /Β Irons: :ping:Β i500’s /Β Β Wedges:Β :edel:Β 54*, 58*;Β Putter:Β :scotty_cameron:Β Futura 5 Β Ball:Β image.pngΒ Vero X1

Β 

Β -Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DayΒ 121

COVID-19 Practice Plan ChallengeΒ day 5Β drills, which were tough for me. Also tried a superspeed session but the yard was too muddy and slippery so that’ll wait until tomorrow.Β 

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 42: Did the COVID-19 drill (without a ball) and did a superspeed session.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

Day 37 - Did the COVID Day 6 drill twice, then worked on my Priority Piece with 6 iron, 3H and driver. Finished with chipping including around my yard.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 5 - Day 6 COVID challenge Plus worked on my priority piece while playing 18 today

Driver:Β :callaway:Β Rogue STΒ Β / Β Woods:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 5W /Β Hybrid:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 25* /Β Irons: :ping:Β i500’s /Β Β Wedges:Β :edel:Β 54*, 58*;Β Putter:Β :scotty_cameron:Β Futura 5 Β Ball:Β image.pngΒ Vero X1

Β 

Β -Jonny

• Administrator

Day 99 - April 6, 2020

Full swing work again. This is going to be almost everything that I do.

Well, I intended to take an 8I to a large grassy area and hit some soft shots today, but even the first shot I hit made me recognize I need to give my strained muscle more time. So, I hit some short game type shots for awhile and walked around a good bit.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 43: Did the COVID-19 drill, working on chipping.

-- Daniel

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Day 1.Β  As per Erik's suggestion after my day-4 video of me attempting the COVID-19 drill, I spent some time looking at my grip.Β  I went back to the basics:Β  @mvmacΒ made a great thread for this (it's available under instructional content) and he also gave me a video tutorial almost six years ago which helped immediately -- at the time and several times since then.Β  Sure enough, the problems he was describing in that video appear to be manifesting again, so I spent quite some time trying to get the grip to be done the way he describes.Β  I then tried Erik's COVID-19 drill, day 4 again.Β  The club looked to me to be better -- not quite where it should be, but better than it was.Β  Sadly, I didn't get video (I need to charge my camera), but I'll do this again tomorrow and hopefully it demonstrates some improvement.Β  Then I'll continue on the COVID plans.Β 

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

DayΒ 122

COVID-19Β Practice PlanΒ ChallengeΒ dayΒ 5 drillΒ (repeat) and day 6 drill. Today was also supposed to be a superspeed day but the yard was too muddy from recent rains to not worry about slipping so that’ll wait until tomorrow.Β 

Edited by Darkfrog
Day # fix

-Peter

Day 6 - COVID challenge Day 7 as well as a few mins working on priority piece of hands in/club back on take away

Β 

Β -Jonny

• Administrator

Day 100 - April 7, 2020

Full swing work again. This is going to be almost everything that I do.

I felt okay after filming another week's worth of videos that I made some slower motion swings with my 7I focusing on my backswing pieces. Hit most of them well, really, considering they were at… 70%?

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 38 - COVID Day 7 work and also worked on my Priority Piece with 6 iron and driver. Repeated Day 6 chipping drill and finished with partial wedges.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

Day 44: Did the COVID 19 drill on pitching. Also putted and did the chipping drill from yesterday with dimes in my office while onΒ conferenceΒ calls, probably for about 30 minutes in total. Long day.

-- Daniel

Day 2.Β  More grip work, it doesn't feel good (which, as I recall from all good grip changes, is a good sign).Β  But the club is hitting what appears to be the right spots.Β  Went back to the same drills that led to this discovery.Β  Timing today kept me from getting video.

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

DayΒ 123

COVID-19Β PracticeΒ PlanΒ ChallengeΒ dayΒ 7 pitching drill and a superspeed session.Β 

-Peter

Day 7 - COVID challenge Day 8 plus priority piece work with 8i with focus on clubface back, hands in to good top position

Β 

Β -Jonny

Day 39 - Rain let up so I was able to work on a few things outside.
Β 

1. First, I did the Day 8 COVID putting drill. I did this inside first then outside where I filmed it.
  2. Next, I worked on my Priority Piece with the driver for about 15 minutes.Β 
  3. I moved on to work on hitting the center of the driver face using some old fitting tape. This was from the LSW videos. I tried a couple of shafts and found one was easier to hit the center. Oddly, it was the longer shaft by about 1/2”.
  4. I then worked on partial wedges up to my 9 irons. Focused on the same palmar flexion feel even with a shorter swing.
  5. Lastly, I did some chipping and pitching from the COVID drills.Β 
    Β 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 45: Putted for a while on a couple of calls, as usual. Also did the COVID-19 drill.

-- Daniel