IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 112 (7/27/21) - C19--PP Day 2 today. Focused on keeping my shoulders turning on the proper plane and minimizing head movement. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 153.  Before grocery shopping, I stopped at a putting green and worked for half an hour on 3' and 30' putts.  The end of the 3' practice included taking 17 shots to finish all 12 for my clock drill (not great, but not as bad as a month ago) and the 30' finished with my final six putts from 30' (due to this green, they weren't significantly different on the clockface, so I'm still getting a similar read, but I know better than to assume it.  And of course, I had to hit them the right speed) with a total of 11 strokes (five 2-putts and I also sank one).

After lunch and before gym, I did the quarantine days 9 (again, with feedback from yesterday) + 10 (which took a while to get right... I'm not even sure I got it right, video to show up later today).

Addendum:  I haven't figured out my trigger for the day 10 practice plan.  That's going to take me a bit more thought

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 63, July 27, 2021:

Three-quarter swing work again today, hey I may lose a little bit of distance, but I know where the ball is going.

Rinse, Repeat, keep working on it kind of deal. I’m having small successes with the 3/4 swing so something must be working.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 31 (27 Jul 21) - Played nine hole best ball with the men's church group.  Love this format as it often presents shots from ranges I may not see that often.  Also there is no pressure in this format as you have ample opportunity to get GIR or par or better when putting.  Was able to focus on the form and making solid ball contact especially the irons and fairways.  Great day with the latter, not as strong with the former.  Good up and down work around the greens as we had to scramble on several holes to make par (the age range was 5 to 85, the youngest - my grandson, the eldest one of the guys at church who has just started to play again).  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 26:

More chipping/pitching drills from the COVID-19 practice plan and then worked on downswing priority piece a bit with 7-iron. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 577 - July 27, 2021

Worked on the backswing work after a late lesson. Just ten minutes or so, but it's good to have some mirrors back again.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 277: Play 18 in a light rain this morning. Played ok with some good drives and shots, but also some missed right.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 113 (7/28/21) - Did some putting on the rug today, focused on the target when I made my stroke. Putts were only 3-4 feet, but I can see enough benefit, at least on short ones, to give it a try on the course.

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 32 (28 Jul 21) - Played nine today with the 5yr old grandson.  We got back before the rain started.  Used this practice round to work on ball striking and carry distance.  Using the Approach S20, I had planned to used the back distance of the greens as the "carry" factor on the approaches.  Of course if the pin was in the front, then I used the middle distance (center of green) to figure what I needed to carry.  Planned well, executed poorly as the round had only 1 GIR and 4 nGIR.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 578 - July 28, 2021

Hit balls after a looooong day of lessons. Including a central time zone mixup. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 27:

Continued to practice pitching and chipping technique with COVID-19 drills. Then more work on downswing priority piece. 

-Peter

Day 154.  I practiced the "snapping sticks" quarantine drill a bit more today, both with the alignment stick and my 6-iron (I seem to feel it more in my right arm than my left, although once I've gone for 30 seconds, I can start to feel it in my core).  I also hit a dozen full swing shots with my 6-iron (indoors, off a mat, etc), the usual practice routine for them, focusing on takeaway and position at the end of the backswing.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 64, July 28, 2021:

Three quarter swing feels today, same stuff I’ve been working on for the last month. 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 278: Range work today focusing mostly on club face control. Started with my priority pieces then worked on setup, alignment and face control/start lines. Finished with some short game work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 114 (7/29/21) - 

Practice green - Worked on chipping with my 58* and 6H to different holes and from different lies, then putting out. Then played 5-holes of chip and putt, scoring a 13.  When putting, I focused on the hole, rather than the ball. 

Range - Hit a small bucket. With wedges, hybrids and fairway woods I focused making sure the low point of my swing was in front of the ball. For driver, I focused on swinging smoothly and making sure the low point was behind the ball. The 2-3 best drives I hit today, bar far, were using the Distanza shaft in my G400.  

Day 33 (29 Jul 21) - 1st time playing a "new" to me course, about an hour from the house.  This was a great day to work on course management as I did not "know what to expect".  Got there early enough to spend a few moments on the putting green - which was key as this course has the best greens I have played all year.  Ball rolled true and it took a good touch to not over shoot the holes.  Back to the course management - heavy rains yesterday made the course "cart path only".   Having to think through the next shot and approaches made this the most rewarding round in a long time. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 65, July 29, 2021:

More three-quarters swing work.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Day 28:

Long day at work, so not much time left for golf practice today. Managed some work on downswing priority piece, hit 10 balls, 7-iron, lots of rehearsals between shots. 

-Peter