Stack System stuff

Do you prefer this over super speed?  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 328: worked on backswing and center-face contact.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 3 - worked on PP (straighter right elbow) 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 83 (18 Sep 21) - Played 18 today.  Decided to use the DF992 putter today on some of the toughest greens to play that I have played of late.  Result - previous round 36 putts, this round 38.  Not great putting in either case.  To be honest, I am move comfortable with the Odyssey White Steel #5 as opposed to the DF992.  Also was a good day of defensive approach shots to the greens and then trying to not "overread" but rather trust the read and putt consistently.  Had a number of putts that either just skated by or lipped out.  Could not complain.   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

After shouting a 98 today (under 100 -- 1st time ever!) and feeling I could've done much better...

Day 8:

Practiced with irons... specifically focusing on setup and tempo (30 min).

Here's a typical view I had of the pin today.

Typical.JPG

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

Day 203.  Spent another 15 minute session hitting 6-iron shots.  It went well, usual priorities;  I think during the upcoming week I'll be ready to get Evolvr video together. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 49:

Worked on priority piece, mostly slow rehearsals, and hit 6 balls with 7-iron. Also did short game COVID-19 day 6/7 drills

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 329: worked on backswing again and CFC. Then did SuperSpeed. Hit 104 with blue and 107 with driver. All six driver swings were over 100.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 9:

Worked every club in the bag in my golf pit... emphasis on "feeling the lag, uncoil, and strike!" (60 min).

Weekly plan: focus this week will be on irons, as I plan a return visit to Lake St. Clair Metropark. 

Day 50:

Played 18 this morning. Overnight rain made the course a little sloppy. Fairways were wet and hadn't been mowed, and greens were punched, sanded, and also unmowed. Didn't have my best swing, but made it work for the round, and scored pretty well.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 84 (19 Sep 21) - worked on tempo with the putter this evening.  I want to get an "automatic" sensation happening where I don't want to be guessing the tempo, but know it.  Sort of like muscle memory when playing guitar chords - your fingers automatically know where.  I know that putting is not that great in separation value, but also know that being comfortable with the flat stick is key as well.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 204.  Several times during football Sunday, I took 5-10 minute breaks to hit a few practice balls.  As always, the focus was on the slow correct swings.  I think several small sessions might be better for me than one extended long session:  I don't always have good discipline as I go past the 15 minute mark, and sometimes I catch myself raking in a ball and hitting it right away;  by contrast, when I consciously start a short session, I'm going to at least set in with what I set to do. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 13

Full swing iron practice with a 6i, 8i and GW.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

DAY 10:

Before dawn (in the dark?! 😆) session in the golf pit: 

Orange Whip Trainer

LagShot 7i

5i-7i-9i-PW +2 Hybrids (2/3)

Emphasis on slow, methodical, consistent setup. (60 min).

Day 4 - worked on PP of straighter right elbow, trying to stay wide. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 330: Played 18 this morning. 48F at the start. 🥶 Was a bit squirrelly off the tee, but OK otherwise.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ScottCurry/round/3100450

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 85 (20 Sep 21)  - worked on loading the lead foot at the start of the downswing w/ the 7i in front of the mirror. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 632 - September 20, 2021

Played nine holes with a 4I, 6I, 8I, and three wedges. Skipped around, hit a bunch of practice shots around the greens… etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets