IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 38 - December 8, 2021

Worked at home with my tube. I plan to, if I'm up for it, working on the GEARS tomorrow with my own swing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 48 (12/8/21) - Just noticed that I messed up the date yesterday. It should have read "Day 47 (12/7/21)".....

More putting practice today. I started out by carefully checking my setup from the front and side; repeated several times. The worked on making "perfect putts" on my PuttOUT mat from 1' to 6'. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 1 (08 Dec 21) - Starting over today with some basic putting work (it has rained all day, so inside it is).  Used the white stripe side of the putting mat to work on alignment. Used the parquet flooring (6” squares”) for foot alignment.    Funny thing I was consistently getting it in using the white line from 3 and 4ft. Just the opposite when I moved over to left side - no line, bigger hole - consistently  pushing it just right of the hole.  Still a great way to get in some putting work on a rainy day. 

ECEED60E-925B-4376-9DF8-C043C93985FB.jpeg

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 407: Cold today and snow coming. Worked a bit inside with the same feels from yesterday.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 130:

Cold and drizzly outside so continued working on cupped wrist backswing feel to keep club from going too much inside, and also working on transition move. Transition feels good in slow rehearsal, and okay striking balls at slow speed, but hasn’t translated to 100% speed well yet. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 408: Snowed a bit last night so I just worked on chipping in the basement and did two Fit for Golf Mobility routines.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 2 (09 Dec 21) - played 18 at RiverBend today.  Worked on “feel” at impact, in essence having head down, most of my weight on lead foot, hips rotated, lead wrist probated w/good shaft lean.  Sounds busy, but working thru the mental checklist helped as I would  set up with the “feels” in place, do a few waggles and then make the swing.  Have to say overall ball striking much more consistent.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 49 (12/9/21) - Did Day-1, Early Backswing, from 30-day practice plan inside. Paid particular attention to grip, stance and ball position. I did right and left wrist only then pivot. Hit some pitching motion shots outside after the snow melted.

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 39 - December 9, 2021

15 balls working on the whole motion. Sped up the backswing stages a bit, hit a few more with the downswing throwing feel.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 131:

Indoor transition rehearsals this evening after dinner. May go outdoors later and hit some Almost Golf balls in the dark. 

-Peter

Day 50 (12/10/21) - Putting practice today. Did PuttOUT challenge of fewest strokes to perfect putts from 1' to 6' and had a personal best (by a lot) of 12 putts!

Day 5. 12/10/2021

30 day Covid-19 practice plan day 04 (lead wrist condition)

For me this drill was more about lead wrist awareness. Never before been so focused on my lead wrist conditions at address or at the top or at A6. And, guess what, makes a lot of difference at impact!! A definite “ah ha” moment for me.

Thank you Erik!

Under construction, signature and game.

Day 3 (10 Dec 21) - played 18 at Minnesott today.  Worked on setup focusing on head down, weight forward.  Staying focused in this area is giving more predictable ball flight and distance.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 409: Worked a bit on transition today to get the feels down. Filmed it.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 40 - December 10, 2021

Did a bunch of time on GEARS after @NatalieB was on it. Learned a good bit.

Day 132:

Went outside in the dark and hit balls with 8-iron, working on transition move. Used Mevo to track launch angle. Happy with how launch angle has decreased back to previous "norm", but it was too dark to make good assessment of start line (night time, black impact cloth on net).

-Peter