IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 48 (12/8/21) - Just noticed that I messed up the date yesterday. It should have read "Day 47 (12/7/21)".....

More putting practice today. I started out by carefully checking my setup from the front and side; repeated several times. The worked on making "perfect putts" on my PuttOUT mat from 1' to 6'. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 1 (08 Dec 21) - Starting over today with some basic putting work (it has rained all day, so inside it is).  Used the white stripe side of the putting mat to work on alignment. Used the parquet flooring (6” squares”) for foot alignment.    Funny thing I was consistently getting it in using the white line from 3 and 4ft. Just the opposite when I moved over to left side - no line, bigger hole - consistently  pushing it just right of the hole.  Still a great way to get in some putting work on a rainy day. 

ECEED60E-925B-4376-9DF8-C043C93985FB.jpeg

Day 130:

Cold and drizzly outside so continued working on cupped wrist backswing feel to keep club from going too much inside, and also working on transition move. Transition feels good in slow rehearsal, and okay striking balls at slow speed, but hasn’t translated to 100% speed well yet. 

Day 2 (09 Dec 21) - played 18 at RiverBend today.  Worked on “feel” at impact, in essence having head down, most of my weight on lead foot, hips rotated, lead wrist probated w/good shaft lean.  Sounds busy, but working thru the mental checklist helped as I would  set up with the “feels” in place, do a few waggles and then make the swing.  Have to say overall ball striking much more consistent.  

Day 49 (12/9/21) - Did Day-1, Early Backswing, from 30-day practice plan inside. Paid particular attention to grip, stance and ball position. I did right and left wrist only then pivot. Hit some pitching motion shots outside after the snow melted.

Day 50 (12/10/21) - Putting practice today. Did PuttOUT challenge of fewest strokes to perfect putts from 1' to 6' and had a personal best (by a lot) of 12 putts!

Day 5. 12/10/2021

30 day Covid-19 practice plan day 04 (lead wrist condition)

For me this drill was more about lead wrist awareness. Never before been so focused on my lead wrist conditions at address or at the top or at A6. And, guess what, makes a lot of difference at impact!! A definite “ah ha” moment for me.

Thank you Erik!

Day 3 (10 Dec 21) - played 18 at Minnesott today.  Worked on setup focusing on head down, weight forward.  Staying focused in this area is giving more predictable ball flight and distance.  

Day 132:

Went outside in the dark and hit balls with 8-iron, working on transition move. Used Mevo to track launch angle. Happy with how launch angle has decreased back to previous "norm", but it was too dark to make good assessment of start line (night time, black impact cloth on net).