IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 106:

Palmar flexion work, and some short game practice. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 561: Did an intro session with GEARS at Golf Evolution 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 21

Had other stuff to take care of around the house today. But still got around 20 minutes of hitting the almost balls in the yard. Little bit breezy so worked on flighting with a 56 into the wind. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

Day 186 - Practiced partial wedge shots with my 49* wedge and chips from various lies. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 562: played 18 in Ohio with Sand Trappers. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 107:

Played 18. Front 9 was rough, but kind of pulled it together for the back.

-Peter

Day 143 (01 May 22) - Easy swings using 6i and foam balls in backyard.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 22

Like yesterday, more work around the house today. Knocking out some shop projects for the wife. Had a little bit of daylight left and challenged the little guy to match. Set up a couple "holes" in the yard. I played wedges and limited flight balls. He played with his driver, 7 iron, and real balls. 

Might have to get him in on this daily challenge. He just picked up golf a couple months ago, and his swing is coming along. Hit a few of his drives today around 55-60 yards. Which I think is pretty good for a 5 year old who's new to the game. He even beat me on a hole after my limited flight ball proved to not be all that limited. 

My swing is feeling good. Not going to do anything crazy the tomorrow. Maybe just putting. Got the league starting up Tuesday. They sent out the pairings. Two man teams, with one A and one B player in each. Looking at all the handicaps, I very well may be the strongest player in the league. So everyone's gonna be getting strokes on me. Fortunately my partner is the guy who invited me to the league. I've only played with him once, and they had his handicap listed as an 18 (IIRC). Which seems high based on what I saw. I'm looking forward to getting out there and having a reason to play every week.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

• Administrator

Day 182, May 1, 2022

Played in the outing at Gleneagles today with eight other TSTers (and Bill the FIL).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 56.  I know what you're thinking, and yes, I did that too (with a 6-iron now).  I also practiced some punch shots because I hadn't practiced those in particular in a while.  I would have gone putting yesterday or today, and I should because that's part of my practice plan too, but some bad allergies the past few days have caused me to delay going outside (hopefully this is not a pattern). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 187 - Indoor putting practice today on my PuttOUT mat:

1) using a ball marked with a line around the circumference, I stroked putts until no wobble in the line,

2) Did the "Perfect Putt" ladder 1'to 6"

3) Alternated 4', 5' and 6' putts in fairly random order focused on line and speed. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 563: GEARS work today at Golf Evolution.

Scott

My Swing Thread

day 57: spent an hour on the range focusing on short game and tested some of the new clubs of a friend of mine (srixons)

cheers Chris

• Administrator

Day 183, May 2, 2022

Did some work for about 45-60 minutes today. This work:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 57.  Today's one of my long days at the office, but with some break time, so I got home for dinner and golf practice (my usual, same as the last few days, ten minutes' worth) before I head back.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 144 (02 May 22) - Played 18 today with a slight twist.  Used the 1/2 of the double stork drill from Day 19 of the Covid 19 Practice Plan.  Saw a similar version in a drill posted by one of the YouTube guys I like to watch (his stuff is pretty consistent to what I see over here).  Involved setting up where the weight is on the lead foot (my transmet amputated foot - but with the foot brace on) and the trail up on tip toes and making the practice swings making sure to turn the torso.  I used it to set up for all shots (except putter) seeing much more consistent ball striking.  Why I had not been working on this more often is my stupidity.   What I like about this is that when I did this in 2020 as part of the challenge I could barely stay balanced, today I was consistently balanced and confident.  Thanks Erik ( @iacas ) for giving us this drill and how two years later is has paid off.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 108:

Covid-19 day-5 drill and worked in some full swing with 8-iron as well. Maybe 20 balls each.

-Peter