IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 122. 

We had a half inch of rain roll through here yesterday. That left the golf courses with pretty wet conditions. 1/2" is lot for us, since we average only 4" a year. 

So today's practice session was pitch shots off of wet lies. Some of those lies were off of barren ground. Focus was on picking the ball clean off the wet turf. (56 balls) B+

Every once in a while, no matter how dry the weather is, I will run into a wet (irrigation) lie situation. It is very easy to hit terrible shots out of wet lies. I try to be prepared for any conditions I might run into on the course. This is why I practice alot of trouble shots. I don't want any surprises when on the course. Yes, I also practice normal shots too. That said, sometimes my good shots, leave me with a next shot that is a problem.  One of my close friends labled me a "situational practice golfer" of the game.  😂

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DAY 163    Spent 45 minutes on the range working on posture and downswing sequence.  Then 30 minutes on the putting green working on distance control.  Played 18 holes at Skyview at Terra Vista in another windy day.  Shot 78 with 2 three putts and one ball in the water!!   The ball in the water was totally due to my stupidity... I pulled the wrong club and did not notice it until after the ball went in the water!!!  ......  However, every time I break 80 I am smiling.   All the more motivation to practice. :-)

Day 35 - Shoulder turn work today. Really warm out but had lots of work to do today. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 65 - lag putting from 30ft down hallway at work for 20-ish mins followed by some 6ft work for 5 mins.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

5/2/18:

Day 397:

Played 27 holes today. Just okay today. Seems like the work is getting there. But some rough patches here and there. Did have one good 9 holes, shot a 39 on the middle nine which I was underclubbing or overclubbing a bit. But I was able to get up and down 5 out of 7 times I missed greens.... Three of which we're just a couple feet off and had a 12 putt nine holes. I had to hole a couple longer putts to save par than need be however.

Edited by onthehunt526
Forgot Day count

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

So close but no cigar. I fell of the wagon yesterday. Missed my third day while at a work conference. Here we go again...

Day 1

7 minutes of mirror work. Working on elbows. Focused on the start of the downswing. 

Day 6. Spent 30 minutes after baseball doing the full SuperSpeed training workout. Please let me know if this isn't acceptable and I'll spend 10 minutes doing something else or take a mulligan day. The practice is designed to increase swing speed (or in my old carcass's case, stop/slow the swing speed bleeding that I've got going on). 

• Administrator

Day 89 - May 2, 2018 - Ten or fifteen minutes making some swings while re-focusing on the wrist piece of the backswing, and the width at the top, and the speed and shortness of it all.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Day 89 - May 2, 2018 - Ten or fifteen minutes making some swings while re-focusing on the wrist piece of the backswing, and the width at the top, and the speed and shortness of it all.

The golf swing is so complicated, I'm doomed. But, I'm still trying.

•  
Day 66 - some 6ft putting work for 20 mins. in between patients. I know I've spent a lot of time putting lately, but it's something I can do at work and it's one of my glaring weaknesses at the moment. I need to post a swing video in the near future...

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 36 - Mirror work at the gym focusing on my priority piece. Playing 9 with the league later.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 123

Pitching practice today. (28 balls) Focus was on aim, and crisp contact. Aim was an issue due to the fact I was hitting out of light rough. I needed to aim a little right of my target to compensate for the thicker grass grabbing the hose, closing the club face. (B-)

After that, I hit full 8i shots. (28) Focus was on address, and crisp ball contact. Distance wasn't where I wanted to be. I'm still favoring my shoulder I think. (C+)

Next was work on the putting green. I was on my mark today. Made the short ones, and my lags were either in the hole, or close enough. (A+)

Now I am in the 19th having a beverage, listening to war stories.  🍺

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 2:

20+ minutes of putting practice on lunch break. Worked on speed control. Played a "game" that I liked a to: Putt three balls from 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 ft. Scoring works as such: 3 pos make, 2 pts within 10% of original distance but past hole (gave it a chance), 1 pt for 10% but short of hole, 0pts for anything else! I played the game twice and scored the following totals: 

10ft- 14 pts

20ft- 5 pts

30ft- 9 pts

40ft- 5 pts

50ft- 4 pos 

I would like to play this game a few more times and see what my long term strengths are, and what distances need a lot more work. 

DAY 164   Hit the range for a couple of hours, continuing to do the Feet Together Drill... over and over... now over 13 hours of this single drill in the last week.  Tomorrow is my lesson and I hope I can "pass the test" on how well I am doing this drill.  OR I will be doing it again next week.   

I wanted to play 9 holes to see how the drill was helping me... and to break up the monotony.   So I went to Brentwood, which is a local 9 hole course to play.  I have played there on a few Saturday morning scrambles, and was thinking of starting to do that again.    I birdied the first hole and four others to shoot 31 for 9 holes.  My lowest score ever for 9 holes (except for miniature golf!!!). 

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

5/3/18:

Day 398:

Hit some balls today with irons before the rain. Focusing with hitting through the ball. Focusing on a spot on the target side of the ball. Hit some quality irons overall a B+ today.

123/123 in 2018.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 7 - Played 9 holes today

Short Game: F mixed in with some A's
Duffed 3 shots, but also hit 3-4 really good shots. The duff shots were me just be too lazy with my mechanics. I'm really trying to find the ball at impact better and not drag the hands through impact versus using the bounce better. Sometimes I just get supper lazy and just flop the club down. 

Putting: B
Made a couple good length putts. Also missed a few shorter ones. Distance control was pretty good. 

Backswing Swing Grade: B
I think I did the hip turn stuff very well with the irons, not so much with the driver. 

Downswing Grade: C- 
The slower downswing was much better with the irons, and not good with the driver. I was tipping back and hitting hooks with the driver. This cost me a good round, but I was more trying to work it out versus just hitting a 4 iron or hybrid. Kinda stubborn today. 😇

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Day 90 - May 3, 2018 - Played 18 holes at Montour Heights CC in Pittsburgh before a WPGA meeting.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 7.Does playing count then? I got a round in. Regardless if playing counts I spent 30 minutes practicing distance control on long putts pre round. Specifically I would drop three balls with a goal of no 3 putts. I wasn't successful but I'm also talking from one side of the practice green to the other. I was successful in not having more than 1 3 putt per group of 3 shots from the same location, which was really what I was trying to accomplish. I did have to make several medium length putts to accomplish this. I promptly forgot everything I worked on when I hit the course and 3 putted the 2nd hole from 25 feet. Sigh.