IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 30- Worked on ball position after inconsistent iron play yesterday.  Ball must have crept up in my stance during yesterday’s round.  Looking forward to my next round.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 116 (09 Oct 22) - Played 18 today with son and grandson.  Changed the bag up as I went with a Sunday bag type setup (6 clubs total (driver, 3i, 6i, 9i, SW, putter)).  Loved the limited club options - made for thinking how best to take on the hole a very real part of the day.  Great way to emphasize course management.

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 77 (10/9/22): Again, back to the drawing board, with impact pre-set drills, and small swings, 3-9 length, or less, foam balls. After a couple of days of poor contact and struggling, I was hitting it much better today. Practiced driver, middle iron, and lob wedge. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Day 214.  In between games today (about 20-25 minutes total), I went to the golf room and worked on the usual drills.  I spent longer than usual on practice backswings (more per ball hit) and had fewer balls hit than usual.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 117 (10 Oct 22) - continued the setup drill I’ve been doing, wrapping up with varied swings from 1/2 to full with 6i and hard foam balls.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 1:

After taking a few days off with an icky cold, got back to it today. Played 18, and somehow managed to score alright considering 4 penalty strokes, two of them on a miserable quadruple bogey on the par-5 18th and an absolutely miserable day putting. Only thing I tried to do on the course was make an athletic swing, while also having a easy/smooth rhythm. Didn't hit it as straight as I would like, but I didn't miss many shots badly with regards to center face contact (face/path need improvement).

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 215.  At halftime tonight, took ten minutes for practice.  Five minutes each, tilt and elbows;  grip, setup, slow back, check positions, reset, take a swing.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 78 (10/10/22): Back was a little sore and I practiced only about 15 minutes. Very simple - impact practice, 3-9 length swings and pre-sets, first with an 8 iron and then a teed up driver. 

JP Bouffard

Day 118 (11 Oct 22) - Kept up the setup drill I have been doing, expanded the routine to include a hybrid and driver, still using hard foam balls as I am hitting from my backyard to my neighbors (he is very understanding).  Working on being consistent and having a more predictable shot shape. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 216.  Another ten minute practice night;  five minutes tilt, five minutes elbows.  

• Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 2:

Hit some balls trying to just be athletic, no feels or thoughts. Then did some backswing work indoors with mirror vision to see if my inside takeaway issue is better or not. Lesson tomorrow so we'll see how I've done.

-Peter

Day 79 (10/11/22): More impact pre-set drills, foam balls, followed by limited length/limited speed swings with real balls. I hit 8 iron and driver in the morning. In the evening, same thing, but 7 iron and hybrid. Felt great with all clubs except driver - limited length and speed drills with a driver always seem sort of awkward and hard to me. Anyway, it felt good, like I had clawed my way back from the bad patch I had over the weekend and end of last week, so I decided to do a test. I put the sim on and collected data for a very brief test session. Hit 7 iron, and was hitting them 75% of my normal distance. Only 6 shots, but still ... I had consistent launch angle, consistent distance, and was hitting them very straight with very limited curve. One even read "0" sidespin 🙂 

JP Bouffard

Day 3:

Lesson today. Biggest change was static - setup had gotten way off, too far forward. Setting up correctly had some dynamic consequences, which we worked in the lesson.

-Peter

Day 1: 10/12/2022

I guess I'll try this again. The tendonitis in my elbow seems to be better now. So, I guess I'm back into it.

Got to the range today and just hit balls. Mostly to see if I would have any pain in my elbow. I did switch clubs after each shot and pick out targets. My elbow was pretty good. So, I think I'm okay. 

This morning I did my speed training and shattered my swing speed radar doom-a-hugey. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 119 (12 Oct 22) - Continued pre-shot setup/rehearsal, focused on pausing at P5 to verify club face position is not open.  Wrapped up with full swings with 6i and hard foam balls. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star