IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 7:

Played 18 at Pasatiempo this morning. Started off with the lefts, but got it sorted out by the third hole for the most part. The course was phenomenal!

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 221.  5-10 minutes after work;  I hit 7 balls while working on the tilt drill.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 85 (10/17/22): Today was just more of the same, trying to get solid contact with short swings, reverting to impact pre-set work when I couldn't. Extremely disheartening today, just hitting it terribly. I think my right hand grip is just too much under the club. Something so obvious as grip should be easy, but it seems for me it isn't. I'm always fidgeting. I stopped hitting balls after about 20 minutes and did a Stack speed training session. That is making progress. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Day 1 - it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything to do with practice so I figured I’d try to get back into the groove. Like so many of us, life gets in the way of fun sometimes. 
Here, I’m working on lag speed with use of Blast device and attention to length of pendulum arc

• Thumbs Up 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 125 (18 Oct 22) - Played 18 today with my son.  A good day of working on course management as the cooler temps and breezy conditions made for rethinking shot opportunities. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 1, trying to start back up again. I haven’t been able to string two days together and frankly I was a bit burned out. I worked on my priority piece with slow swings with 6 iron and driver for about 20 minutes. The I did some target pitches in my backyard.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 222.  I feel like I'm spending more time with fit for golf than I am with swing practice.  I have mixed feelings about this.

In any case, today was the third winter workout for Fit for Golf. I also finally got around to posting a member review of the same.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 86 (10/18/22): Today I worked on address position and grip. Trying to just set myself and go, and not leave time to start fidgeting my way out of a decent address. I also worked on getting to the impact position mindfully; the feel that was working really well tonight was feeling the left shoulder work up and left on the downswing. I practiced this way for about 15 minutes and was getting good contact and straight ball flight, with just some mild pushes and pulls. I decided to play the simulator and I finished a round at Royal Melbourne and started one at Royal County Down. Both courses have brutal green complexes so I did not score well, but I hit the ball well tee to green. 

Edited by Big Lex

JP Bouffard

Day 126 (19 Oct 22) - Continued the pre-shot drill I’ve been working on to hit pitches with PW and GW in the backyard.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 87 (10/19/22): Today I did a Stack system speed session, followed by a short session where I worked on strike/impact awareness. I tried hitting the center of the face, then intentionally hitting toe, heel, etc. 

JP Bouffard

Day 223;  today was an exhausting day, and I didn't have the energy for full swings after work, so I did five minutes of quarter swings with my 58 (indoors, off a mat, into a net).  

This was one of those days where, if it weren't for the "5 minutes challenge," I'd probably have had no practice today, but instead I had five minutes of short game, which is better than no practice.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 127 (20 Oct 22) - Continued the swing set up drill, today focused on waiting to cock the wrists later in the takeaway (post parallel) and holding longer to keep from casting/early extension.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 88 (10/20/22): Tonight I practiced pitch shots - 30-60 yards - on the simulator. I tried to cover the same distance with different types of swings, different ball positions, etc. I followed that with simulator range practice, 8 irons, about 60-80% effort. At the lowest effort level, I had maybe 4 shots with spin axis close to zero. As I swung faster, I was less accurate but was still getting good numbers. I was just thinking about solid contact. Total practice time tonight was about 30 minutes. 

JP Bouffard

Day 224.  Winter workout #1 again today.  I thought it'd be quick but TNF was on and I ended up watching a lot of that and doing most of the workout after the game.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 128 (21 Oct 22) - Planned to play 18 but plans fell thru.  Picked up the work on setup, grip position and focus on being aware of weight pressure in the feet (more on the front, less on the heel - a battle I fight on the lead foot).  Hit several of the irons using hard foam balls while working the drill.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 89 (10/21/22): Today I did some swings with a 9 iron, again...concentrating on impact and post impact feel. Still struggling with being comfortable with grip and hand position at address, etc., but working on all of it. I finished with a speed training session on the Stack. 

JP Bouffard

Day 225.  Meant to practice full swing, body wasn't having it (unclear why, I don't think it was gym related), ended up quarter swinging (indoors, off a mat, etc) for a few minutes. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 129 (22 Oct 22) - Played a late afternoon round with my son and grandson (we were the last ones on the course by the end of the round).  Ball striking very consistent, seeing the daily work on the setup giving desired results.    

Edited by WillieT
grammar edit

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star