IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 11: Stack training striving to break my personal best of 105. Felt great but fell short at 104. My speed was quite variable during the drills and I shouldn’t have been surprised I fell short. Regardless, I have been driving the ball the best I ever have the past year and now I am hitting it a little further.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 37 (04 Apr 23) - Spent time working on setup and impact position.  Then made some shots with the 7i and SW. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 15: 4/3/2023

Spent time today reviewing my 3d GEARS guy, and the captures from my last session with Yoda. Then I spent even more time in front of the mirror with my 7-iron. One of the things I think I need to work on is that my head leaves the circle on my downswing. It tends to slide away from the ball. So in my slow motion swings in front of the mirror I'm working on the direction the center of my pelvis goes as well as trying to keep my head within the circle. ... or sphere, for those of you using GEARS. 

I have a couple other issues, but you know the old saying about eating an elephant. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 154, April 3, 2023

Putted in the hotel room after watching the kiddo play golf.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 9 4/2/23

Missed posting last night but did indoor work on backswing and transition. 

Day 10 4/3/23

Went to the dome and shared a bucket with my wife and daughter. Not much work done and really had issues with an arms only swing creeping back in. Need to slowly do swing rehearsals and get my trail shoulder back and up. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Day 17:

Did some work on full swing downswing feel, and then pitching/chipping practice. Playing Pasatiempo tomorrow.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 92: did some putting work. Working a little adjustment on my set up - more on the heels of my feet and weight a little further back. Worked on that while doing a start line drill. Feels a little weird, but that's a good thing.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 10: 4 Apr

Played 18 holes (first round for 2 month) and went really well (almost a new PB on my home course). Things to work on: be completely 100% sold on the shot I’m going to play before playing it. If in doubt, back off and reassess. Whenever I was unsettled and unsure, I hit a bad shot (I got away with some of them). Also need better touch around the greens, but more playing and short game practice will help.

Also had a lesson later today. Club path consistently neutral (awesome!). The new drill is having a positive impact. Also chatted about mental approach (see above).

Day 16: 4/4/2023

Went to the outdoor range today at lunch time. Started out really well working on my priority pieces. Then I worked on wedges. As usual I tried to hit to a number of different targets at a number of different distances. 

At the end I worked my way through the bag and started getting a little sloppy. But over all a descent practice session. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 18:

Played 18 at Pasatiempo, getting a round in just before the renovation starts. Scored 89, but I was pleased with elements of full swing and short game.

Long game: Pretty good today, no penalty strokes and 16 nGIR. Full swing was really feeling "free" and then I had a moment on the 5th (par 3) tee where I couldn't commit to a club choice. I cracked the face of my 7-iron so I was missing the ideal club, so I was deciding between taking something off a 6, or trying to mash an 8. Ended up going with the smooth 6, and I shanked it into a bunker on the previous hole. Lost the "free" feeling after that, but recovered after a few holes.

Short game: Pleased with how I struck the short game shots today. Almost every shot was crisp, center face; no thins or fats. But results were not always good. Didn't judge carry/roll well, or pay enough attention to how some of the more extreme green contours would affect the ball after landing (these aren't things I have to think much about at my public home course). Had a couple aggressive pitches over bunkers not fly far enough and bounce back into the sand. However, I got out of every bunker successfully, and with a makeable putts.

Putting: Bad today, I lost 5+ strokes on the green. Got the speed okay on the majority of putts, except for a few that were completely awful. Overread a lot of simple putts inside 8 feet.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 38 (4 Apr 23) - played the back 9 with a good friend at Minnesott today.  Made it throwback day as I brought out the old woods and blade irons.  These were the first clubs I used when first starting out.  Enjoyed the focus they require to make solid ball strikes.  Still shot way over what I normally play, but it was the challenge that made it enjoyable. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 155, April 4, 2023

Putted in the hotel room.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 2. Indoor work and Fit for Golf workout.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 12: indoor putting through the smallest putting gate. Distance control on putting mat hitting to different distances three balls at a time.

Day 11 4/4/23

Indoor work focusing on shoulder/hip turn as well as transition. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

4/4 Fit for Golf workout in the morning, then played a quick 9 holes focusing on my spiderman feel.

• Like 1