IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 86: Sep 15

Managed to squeeze in 9 holes. Decent enough short game/putting, rest was rather iffy at times. My conclusion at the moment is that because I’ve hit on-course targets this season, I’m almost lacking a “now what?” performance target. That’s creating lax concentration. 

Two plans: first, add more range time (and a bit less course time) to improve ball striking and general performance. Second, identify good on-course performance targets to aim for that are challenging but achievable.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 70: Did a stack session. Worked in some rehearsal backswings during rest breaks. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 87: Sep 16

Golf lesson followed by range time. Really pleased with clubpath - it can certainly get away from me, but I can increasingly create a neutral path on demand. I highlighted my concerns about ball-striking; the message was to trust it and turn. Range time reinforced that that technique did work, resulting in a much crisper strike with increased ball speed.

Focus now is to improve shaft lean to get better compression. Got a drill to help with that. But also need to keep drilling that clubpath! 

Day 95 (16 Sep 23)  - worked with alignment rods on full swing using 7i and hard foam balls. 

Edited by WillieT

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 320, September 16, 2023

Worked on putting before the college kids played a tournament. Tomorrow looks to be a wash-out, potentially, so we'll probably end up doing some mirror work.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 23:

Short game practice, stack session, and hit a few balls with fairway wood.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 135 - Mirror work before the tournament tomorrow. (Today)

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

Day 24:

Played 18 this morning. Pretty terrible off the tee which lead to a lot of recovery shots and approach shots from bad spots, however I did not have a penalty stroke. Short game and putting were fine.

-Peter

Day 96 (17 Sep 23) - Spent time working with the 58* today working on distance control.  Several drills employed - the first, hitting from a given distance to see how many I could get on the "mini-green" (roughly 8' diameter area) around the pin in the backyard.  Of 12 balls I had 8 in the circle (67%) from about 30yds.  Not my better ball striking.   Other drill of note is to set it up where the same 12 balls are in a line diagonally from the pin - starting at 20 yds and going to nearly 40.  Was more forgiving - set the circle up to 15' in diameter.  Was a little better with 10 of the balls in the area.  Best shot was the last at the nearly 40 range - ball landed and checked to 2' from the pin.   

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 136 - Played in a 2 man scramble tournament today. We played better than we scored, had a ton of putts on the edge or lip out.

Need to keep feeling my priority piece and include a few more rehearsals with it throughout the round. When I focus on it during my swing the shots are really really good. When I don't, they aren't. (Shocker)

Got a compliment from a competitor about how well I compress my irons and that he doesn't hear iron contact like that very often so that was encouraging to hear.

Edited by klineka

• Administrator

Day 321, September 17, 2023

Practiced putting a little bit with my foot. 😄 No, did some mirror work. Long day.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 97 (18 Sep 23) - Back to working with alignment rod and irons (6i today).  Used hard foam balls in the backyard, worked on rehearsing coming thru the ball.  Then would hit a foam ball or two.  Then go back and rehearse the coming thru, followed by a couple swings using hard foam balls.  Repeated this drill a number of times.  Finished up with short bump and runs w/6i.  

Edited by WillieT

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 322, September 18, 2023

Hit balls for about 45 minutes downtown after lessons. I was going to practice at LP afterward, but I forgot that the range is closed on Mondays.

Day 137 - Light recovery day with some mirror work. 

Edited by klineka

Day 25:

Did fit for golf workout, and then some full swing and short game practice.

-Peter