IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 132 - Played 9 this afternoon and struck the ball very well. Putting needs some work, but I played to my handicap which was a huge improvement on recent rounds. 

Day 13:  Hit two buckets at the range this morning.  One with my 7i and the other split between 9i and driver.  Tried to really slow things down and feel the movement (hips, hinge, windshield wiper forearm flip thing, hips/knee/foot).  Did alright, I never do as good there as I seem to at home.  I’ll be hitting another bucket or two later and probably forced to play 9 holes - this petrifies me because I may need a few do overs and I know I will feel rushed if I catch even the slightest glimpse of anyone on the hole behind us.  

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

Day 142: 5/17/24

Stack Full Speed Spectrum training session 13/24. Matched Wednesday’s speed. At lest I didn’t regress.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 312: Chipped for a bit indoors off my mat. Working on good contact and direction. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 16 (17 May 24) - Plans to play a local course with a good friend fell through, got with my son to play Minnesott.  Turned out to be a great day of golf - as we were playing behind the Friday Men's group, pace was steady but not rushed or dreadfully slow.  Had a solid day of ball striking - managing 11 of 14 fairways hit, 8 GIR and 5 nGIR, 27 putts (including a hole out chip in from just off the green to save par with the 56deg wedge).  Shot a new personal best of 76 (39 front / 37 back) from the gold tees (just over 5,500 yds).   Was a good day and my son had a decent day for him as well with an 88.   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 562, May 17, 2024

Spent a LOT of time on GEARS stuff today, so while waiting for imports, exports, and all manner of things, I did some rehearsals in the mirror and camera in my basement.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

28 minutes ago, WillieT said:

Day 16 (17 May 24) - Plans to play a local course with a good friend fell through, got with my son to play Minnesott.  Turned out to be a great day of golf - as we were playing behind the Friday Men's group, pace was steady but not rushed or dreadfully slow.  Had a solid day of ball striking - managing 11 of 14 fairways hit, 8 GIR and 5 nGIR, 27 putts (including a hole out chip in from just off the green to save par with the 56deg wedge).  Shot a new personal best of 76 (39 front / 37 back) from the gold tees (just over 5,400 yds).   Was a good day and my son had a decent day for him as well with an 88.   

Had to correct the distance - should have read 5,400 not 5,500  yds. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 36:

15 balls, same as last few days. Then a little indoor putting.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Forgot to post yesterday. 

Day 64. Lots of time working on flat wrist at impact. 

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Day 65. Wedge practice 120y and in on the skytrak. Not a great outcome 🫣

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

• Administrator

Day 563, May 18, 2024

Was going to play today, but we waited on the first tee for 15 minutes, watched three of the four players lose their golf balls, and went to the range (with @DrizZzY).

I was hitting some hybrids 250 on the range, comfortably, repeatably.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 17 (18 May 24) - after band rehearsal this morning got home to a rainy afternoon so no outside stuff today.  Had some things to tackle in the shop, so I took the time to roll some putts on the rugs in the shop.  Able to work on tempo and distance control as I have a rug that rolls really well…so it makes for some fun work with the putter. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 313: range session. Worked on my feel for getting my hips more open/rotated at impact. Then did a stack session. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 134 - Had a tournament today, played poorly. Same as yesterday where the driving was great, but the second shots were awful. Need to dial that in tomorrow so I don’t finish DFL. 

Day 14:  I hit a bucket with my 7i and driver, didn’t hit my 7 well but my driver was good.  Played my first “real” 9 holes.  Sure, I had a few mulligans but I kept score.  Lost two balls in the water.  Had to chip from the edge of the water and did pretty good, just rolled too far past the hole.  Par was 33 and I wasn’t double but  I was closer to it than I would have liked.  I had a bogey on 9 so that ended it on a sweet note for me. 

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

Day 1 - First chipping and pitching. Focus on a better grip, the fundamentals and taking the club back on plane, not outside. Feels good.

Then some full swings. Focus on improving the setup. Weight more forward, more bent over, and same grip stuff.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1