IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 215: 7/25/24

Dry swings but still having elbow pain. Putted through 50 mm gates for about 20 minutes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 630, July 25, 2024

Practiced a bit, watched a HackMotion webinar, and then played the back nine at Whispering Woods after lessons. Hit some WILD right shots, when I over-did what I'm trying to do quite a lot. A good sign.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 1:  Played 9 and beat my best by 1. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

Day 198 - Played 9 today and scored really well. Nothing was exceptional, but no big misses. Zero three-putts was nice, confirming that Bermuda grass is the problem 😉 

Day 9: went to the range at lunch. Worked on short game and putting. I actually got the low spinner to work well for the first time, so that's awesome. Putting was solid, too.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 85 (26 Jul 24) Played 18 today (in the rain for most of the round).  Was a fun day, as rain goes, to work on very different course conditions - course was totally soaked, cart path only (no exceptions per the Supt), so zero ball roll out, soaked slow greens.  How did it play out?  Quite consistent as I shot 84 (43 front, 41 back).  A day of focused wedge play to darts on the green as I did not have to worry about excess roll.  While it was a card full of bogies (11 total), a lone double that was countered by a hole out birdie on the par 3 12th hole.  Solid, solid putting - those darts gave me quite a few one putts (8 total) for 26 putts total.   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 22, 

Some slow motion work on the priority piece. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 2:  Hit a couple of buckets with just my driver.  I finally figured this damn thing out and it’s spectacular.  

Day 86 (27 Jul 24) -- Grandson wanted to hit a few wedge shots off the divot board.  my rule  - foam balls only as he can really connect when he wants.  Afterwards he wanted to “field” foam ball shots with his ball glove.  Overall a nice break in the practice  drills. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 632, July 27, 2024

HackMotion work. Left wrist has to feel like it cups MORE to stay about the same. Of course, when I do cup it more… it is pretty open. 😄 

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 23, some more slow swing work inside today before heading out to see Deadpool V Wolverine and then dinner after. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 10: About an hour of work at the range. Working on start line and where the ball goes. Got a good backswing and downswing feel. Tournament tomorrow - feel pretty ready.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 3:  Played 9 and beat my best by 1, again.  Par for the front 9 is 33 and I had 48.  I had a couple of chippity dippity’s that went too far and a few putts that were too short so I need to work on my short game.  I hit from the blues on the three par 3s. 

Day 1:

Had good intentions to practice a bit during a family vacation and even brought a wedge, 7-iron, and a few almost golf balls, but didn’t do it, so back to 1.

Hit some balls with 7-iron, just getting a feel for solid co tact after some days off.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 200 - Member-Guest tournament was today, and it was a good one. I set a personal best by 6 strokes, breaking 80 for the first time with a 76. Not the most popular person in the clubhouse, but it was nice for everything to come together.