Day 11: Did a bunch of mirror work focusing on my new feel. Everything was done really slowly and I also tried to keep track of relative rates of turn. I need to be careful not to have my backswing get too long since I’m seeing better rotation with my thoracic spine.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge for 2018! Please read as the rules have changed! Yes, for all of 2018! I'm changing it up. Rather than do this monthly, we're going to hav

3/31/18: Day 365: The post you've all been waiting for.  I did some more work with my A4 to A5 drills. I know it seems like it's monotonous and stupid... But yesterday after I posted I

Well I'm at 276 consecutive days. 1/1/18: I did my path drill indoors today. For those of you who don't know what this is, it involves 2 to 4 water or soda bottles a club and a foam ball. I

Posted Images

Day 213

More 9-3 swings with hip turn focus. Really starting to hit the ball off the center of the club face more consistently. Well, within the range that Crossfield would consider a poor strike at least. Also Mevo’d carry distances 9-3 swing for PW and GW to start getting sense of distance for partial wedges. 

Day 24.  4' putts on the practice green.  After yesterday's success knowing I can make non-tap-ins (3'), I set up the 12 coin perimeter at 4'.  

First run:  made 7, then 4, then 0, then 1 for a total of 19 attempts

Second run:  7, then 4, then 0 twice, then 1, for a total of 20 attempts.

60% is an improvement over my previous average at 4', but I have work to do.   I plan to also do this at 6' and 8' before too long.

When I got home, I hit a dozen balls, half a dozen each with 8iron and 6iron, off a mat, real balls, into a net, indoors.  

• Like 1

Day 12: I kind of found out that the helicopter drill @iacas posted in the covid practice plan thread is perfect for what I’m trying to work on since you are forced to keep the lead arm adduction angle static. Did that for 10-15 minutes.

Day 214

Worked on new putting posture with eyes maybe between 1 to 1/2 balls inside the line. Specifically hit 8-foot putts aiming between 2 parallel alignment sticks at the start of the roll, a cup’s width apart. Practiced while watching the Workday event, until I hit 10 in a row online.

Later did a bit of Planemate early protocol drills, the one working on turning hips through finish position, with no ball. 

Day 13: I’m continuing with the helicopter drill. I’ve been doing 9 helicopter “backswings” and then grabbing a club and doing one normal backswing.

I really like the position the helicopter drill puts me in at the top of the backswing.

Day 215

Played 18 (poorly). Didn't get off the tee well at all today which was the main issue. Experimented with using a 9-3 swing shot on almost every approach inside 120 yards, which was really successful, and definitely something I will use more often. 

Day 25.  No putting today (had a lesson, not golf, this morning, to attend).  I did, however, spend at least five minutes in the indoor practice room working on 8-iron full shots, focusing on the setup priority piece.  (Note: will aim to get video tomorrow). 

Day 54 - Played 18. Rough start, but finished well. I need to keep focusing on my pivot, less on my trail elbow. 

• iacas changed the title to "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge