IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 115.  This evening, on my way to go on a grocery run, I stopped at a course to do chipping practice for 15 minutes.  Real grass, real balls, onto a real green;  56 and 58 degree wedges, quarter and putter-style chip shots. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 304

Did drills to help maintain shoulder pitch, then hit balls with half swing maintaining the shoulder pitch. Then moved to full swings with an airplane drill between each ball. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 290 - October 13, 2020

Played nine holes at Lawrence Park. I'll put it in GAME Golf later tonight, but for now… it's fine. Shot 36. Couldn't make a putt. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 63

Time was limited today so I did some mirror work waiting for the shower to heat up. (Yes, it takes 5 minutes for my shower to heat up. I hate our water heater)

Day 305

More shoulder pitch drills. 

-Peter

Day 64

Played 18 at Lancaster Golf Club. You don't want to know the score. It is becoming apparent to me that it is time for me to start putting more work into my chipping and putting now that my full swing is more stable. 

• Administrator

Day 291 - October 14, 2020

Practice between (after) lessons downtown today.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 306

Lesson today. Turns out my ball striking issues were caused by something really dumb that I was doing.

-Peter

Day 116.  I missed yesterday (10/13;  my previous miss was 9/19 and those are my only misses in the past month+, so I'm within the challenge rules).   Today I did speed sticks out back while dinner was cooking;  protocol one.  Got to 110 with green stick.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 292 - October 15, 2020

Practiced with some of my college kids after a lesson.