IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 14: worked on my PP for 30 minutes hitting into my net. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 307

Worked on takeaway, specifically not moving my right hand grip. Did 20 rehearsals and grip checks.

Did some airplane/helicopter drill working on getting lead shoulder behind the ball. Then did 20 rehearsal backswings to that point.

Finally hit some balls trying to put it all together.

Been 2 weeks since last superspeed workout, so will start that again next week. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 117.  I know it's a 5 minute challenge, but I'm not super excited that many days I'm doing only five minutes (or close to it).  So today, I spent 40 minutes hitting balls (usual meaning;  so, slow rehearsal swings etc, not just beating balls) indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls.  One of these days I'll do this outdoors and not on the course and will get video for evolvr again :-) 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 66

Spent time on the Covid Pitching drill. Turning my focus to getting back to a more balanced approach to my practice since my full swing has been much improved. I'm not stopping my work on my full swing but I need to stop neglecting the rest of my game if I am going to see score improvement. 

Day 15: Got in 18 before the rain today. Well, almost. Rained on 18. Drove better playing the ball just off my left big toe and teeing it up higher.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 293 - October 16, 2020

Did some trail arm drills in preparation for my winter Junior Elite Program.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 308

Pretty much same deal as yesterday. Worked on takeaway and not moving my right hand stronger on the grip. Only 10 rehearsals and checks today, and squeezing the club harder with my trail hand feels more natural now.

Did some more airplane/helicopter drill working on getting lead shoulder behind the ball. Then did 20 rehearsal backswings to that point getting lead shoulder behind the ball, and weight/pressure onto the inside of my trail heel.

Hit 20 balls with a 7-iron being mindful of all the previous stuff.

Did some partial wedge practice as well to unwind, with 20 shots each with GW and SW, trying to hit my standard distances for my 50% "feel" swing. My distances, on strikes that are not a little thin or a little chunky are usually +/- 5 yards of expected, which is pretty good for me.

-Peter

Day 118.  Evening wind down:  ten minutes, 6-iron shots, focusing on setup and A1-A3, indoors, off a mat, into a net, with real balls. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 16: Got in a little work on my priority piece with driver and 5 iron. Just worked on the feels.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 294 - October 17, 2020

Hit some balls downtown working on my same old piece (backswing stuff). Putted (quite successfully) with my foot at the course.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 309

Indoor putting and takeaway/backswing work. 

-Peter

Day 119.  Do I know how to play golf?  I messed up (very badly) the first five holes (+11 through 5) and still posted a 91 (ESC from 92).   Had an 8 on hole 2 and a 2 on hole 8.   Improved my standing in the 2020 TST Birdie Challenge (home course) to +3 and had short putts on holes 1, 10, and 15 that would have improved me on those too.  How have I only played seven rounds at my home course in 2020? [not being in the same city hurts my ability to do that]

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 31 - headed to a family event so did a quick 5 minutes of mirror work still on the same piece of getting the club more upright on the backswing and shallow on the downswing. 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Day 17: Worked on my priority piece and did Super Speed training.

Scott

My Swing Thread