IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 69: Chipping in the basement a few times today.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DAY 18 December 21   The course is closed on Monday so I stayed home and did a drill in my garage.  The drill comes from the Mach3 program which will be part of the Super Speeder program many of us are doing starting in January.  The drill is called The Rib Cracker.  You grip down 2 feet on a 5 foot PVC pipe and you do full swings.  The reason it is called The Rib Cracker is that if you do not continue to turn you body entirely through the swing, you will crack yourself in the ribs.  Great drill to help with turning and finishing strong toward the sky... 

Day 7.  Super speed drills.  A few putts.  Watched first segment of lsw videos.  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Day 373

Did more takeaway/backswing practice, and hit some balls with 7-iron. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 70: Went to the range today with the hopes of getting some MEVO data, but they only were using their ‘floating’ balls due to the snow. These are hollow. They fly pretty well, but seem to launch higher. Instead, I worked on my drill with wedges, some irons and hybrids. I can feel when I early extend now. When I do the drill correctly, I get better contact and less draw or pulls. I did SuperSpeed training there too. Finished with lots of partial wedge shots using the drill feel.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 358 - December 22, 2020

Nearing a year straight. Cool.

Did some backswing work for about 35 balls. Then hit about 40 chips trying to a slightly different thing than normal (a bit less hands, a bit more chest).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 8.  15 mins of pitching and chipping into net focusing on contact.  10 mins or so of backswing work and then trying to feel left arm get off the chest early in downswing. 

44 minutes ago, iacas said:

Nearing a year straight. Cool

Nice!  But  @Darkfrog with the longest active streak I think.

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

DAY 19  December 22.  This is the sixth day of my working through the Tour 25 Blueprint Challenge.  After 2 plus hours of working through various motion drills.... my mind was fried.  So I decided to end the range session by hitting 25 drivers... working to take the feel from the practice swing to the swing when I hit the ball.  I felt pretty good about this... there were only 4 times when I determined this did not happen.  Hit the ball, long and straight, except for those 4 times!! 

The headed over to the chipping green to work for almost 2 hours... doing 2 drills I was assigned a couple of weeks ago.  I needed to turn through the ball better and improve my tempo.  I had a significant learning near the end, so I decided to hit one more shot and call it a session.  Beautiful long chip/pitch to within a couple feet of the hole from 15 yards away.  Now to write down the learning so I can apply it next time.

Day 374

A little bit of indoor putting with the yardstick drill. Got my Blast thing the other day, but haven't tried it out yet.

Also did a bit of takeaway/backswing practice, and some tempo drills.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 359 - December 23, 2020

Played the equivalent of about nine holes outside hitting balls. No putting or anything, but it was warm and not TOO windy in the morning.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 71: Worked on my drill again with 6 iron, 4H, 5W and driver and filmed some of the swings. Also did chipping and pitching in the basement.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 375

Played 18 this morning on my first day of holiday/vacation, and then did a superspeed workout when I got home.

-Peter

DAY 20  December 23.  I was able to spend 90 minutes today at the range, continuing to work through the drills in the Tour 25 Blueprint Challenge...  while it was my 7th day using these drills to improve my golf swing, ... I am way short of my usual 4 hours.  I worked through drills like Feet together, Feet Wide, Preset in Front, Plane Drill, ...  Then I finished by hitting 10 drives, and 10 7 irons to gain some sense of my progress.  Hit the drivers well, and about 5 out of the 10 7 irons met my goal.

Day 72: Lots of work today. Went to the range in the morning and gathered some MEVO data on wedges. Did 3/4 swings with PW, 49, 52, 56 and 60 degree wedges. Did 10 each first, then repeated with 5. My Mizuno PW is 46. Also did a few 3/4 8 irons.

Came home then filmed the Soft Trail Arm Challenge. Then SuperSpeed training. I was a bit tired for that.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 360 - December 24, 2020

Filmed my Soft, Straight Trail Arm Challenge and spent a lot of time working on backswings with the Torc just below the grip to help increase awareness of where everything was from 1-3.

torc_below_grip.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

DAY 21 December 24   I did 18 different drills from the Tour 25 Blueprint Challenge in my 2 1/2 hours on the range... I would have been there longer BUT they shut the range down early on Christmas Eve... continuing to work in a focused manner on not swaying in either my backswing or downswing.  

My legs were tired when I a dozen drivers at the end of the session.  WHY, well I started the morning doing a 5K Jingle Bell Race for charity.    Merry Christmas to all who read this!!