IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

DAY 26  December 29.  It was a fantastic weather day... temperatures in the 70s .. a slight wind.  So I spent about 3 hours on the range working through drills from the Tour 25 Blueprint Challenge.... and in doing them focusing on my backswing positions and initial move down.  The program had me do twenty three different drills -- everything from slow motion swings, to standing on one foot (to build strength and balance).  Finished with hitting 20 drivers... working on speed as I prepare to get on Flightscope later this week to check my swing speed.. and in preparation for the challenge that begins soon.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 76: Tried setting up my net differently to accommodate the MEVO requirements. Works fine up to the SW and LW. The ball rides up the net for those two. I’ve got another small net on order that may help. I will put that in front of the other net to take some energy off the ball.

Also did my drill for a bit then SuperSpeed training. Cold and windy so it was hard to get loose. Later I worked with the Blast Motion app for putting.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 365 - December 29, 2020

Full swing (backswing) work in a mirror today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 381

Did a little short game practice today, and then some practice takeaway/backswing in patio door mirror. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 77: Worked with the Blast Golf devise and did some rhythm training. I did 10 putts each from 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11 feet. My rhythm (tempo on the app) averages 1.9:1 regardless of distance in this test. If I get too handsy, it lowers to 1.7:1. I can deliberately raise it, it it wants to be 1.9:1. 

My face is opening slightly from set up,  but I wonder if that has to do with my forward press. My putts were DOBA (it’s and industry term).😜

Finished with chipping and pitching indoors. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

DAY 27  December 30   Went to the practice range and continued working through the full swing drills from the Tour 25 Blueprint Challenge...  25 different drills today which included drills like Finger Down the Shaft and Split Handed Grip...  Three hours and thirty minutes later I was DONE!!!  Today I also added 100 swings with Gold Flex... to build strength, improve swing sequence and tempo/rhythm.  These 100 swings will be a daily activity for the next 3 months as part of the Swing Speed Improvement Challenge.

• Administrator

Day 366 - December 30, 2020

Just some backswing work and some SuperSpeed measurements for two days from now.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 382

Yardstick putting drill in the living room this afternoon. 

-Peter

Day 78: Modified my net set up to help with hitting wedges for MEVO data. I got a 5x5 net from Gourock to sit in front of my other net. I used some old shafts to make a cross bar at the top to suspend it. Works pretty well.

As for the MEVO data, I used 3 Snell MTB-X balls that I kept inside overnight. The launch numbers were drastically lower than the range balls. PW was well below 30 deg. All four wedges were a good 4-5 degrees lower. I need to collect more data though.

I also worked a bit on my drill. The did some more tests with the Zwingnetic including lefty swings. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

DAY 28  December 31.   Continuing to work on my backswing and initiating my downswing, while working through 20 plus drills in the Tour 25 Blueprint Challenge.  Almost three hours of time.

Then hit 20 wedges to targets at 25 and 50 yards.  One of my goals for 2021 is to improve my proximity from 100 yards and in when I have a wedge in my hand.  So today was gaining a sense... then next week I will start measuring during practice and any rounds I play.

Then headed to the putting green for 45 minutes.. did a STAR Drill where you set up 5 tees around the hole at three feet.  You have to go around the STAR pattern 5 times without missing.. for a total of 25 three footers in a row made.  Then did a couple of distance assessments/drills.

Also got out my Swing Speed Radar and hit 5 drives so I can post my initial Swing Speed in the Challenge thread.

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Day 383

Played 18 today for the last round of 2020. Worked on backswing feel/trigger. Not many people out on the course this morning, so had time to play multiple balls on each hole without holding anyone up.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 367 - December 31, 2020

Full swing work in the mirror while waiting for the wife to do something in the basement. Then four hours of cleaning (look at my Whoop data) the basement.

Day 79: Worked on my drill and filmed it. Then did SuperSpeed training. Hit 106/97 for green/driver.

Scott

My Swing Thread

DAY 29  January 1 2021!!  Continued using the Motion and Clubhead Awareness drills from Tour 25 Blueprint Challenge... it took me 3 1/2 hours to work through the drills today.... since I hit 50% more shots with each drill.  I thought you hit 8 balls with each drill NO you hit 12 balls.   So after 21 separate drills I hit 252 balls rather than 168!!  My focus continues to be on a better backswing - rotating, no head movement, instead of swaying....  

After the first 90 minutes I spent an hour on the putting green using the STAR Drill from 3 feet, having to make 25 in a row.  Then 20 consecutive putts inside a 3 foot circle around the hole from 20 feet, then 30 feet, ... and while I needed to do it from 45 feet to finish the drill -- I stopped after the first 5 balls.

• Administrator

Day 368 - January 1, 2021

Putted as a quick break in the basement. About nine hours later, it's clean! And so much roomier than I thought it was…

• Funny 1

Day 384

Got a lesson coming up next week so did some full swing takeaway/backswing mirror work, and also worked on tempo and transition feel hitting balls. Everything felt out of sync today.

-Peter