IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

I spent an hour each of  the last 3 days working on ball first contact off the deck, mostly with my 7 iron but spent some time with the new Ping G425 5 wood today. A 120 ball bucket each day at the range.

Making great strides with the 5 wood, not hitting the 7 fat anymore but still working on trying to get a better release/weight shift for distance.

DAY 16 (11/16):

Practiced grip and iron setup w/o a ball [15 min].

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 108:

Stayed indoors today after work and did backswing practice with LVP camera. Tried mimicking the instructional droplets JEP "hands in front of the chest". I tried to make independent motions of shoulders turning while hands lift/hinge. When the lift/hinge motion with arms and hands are synced well with the shoulders, it looks like a pretty good backswing.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

DAY 17 (11/17):

No-contact swing practice in livingroom (1/2, 3/4, Full, repeat) [15 min]. :-)

Day 28(11/17/21) - I've gotten to Day 28 again, so red entry tomorrow:-D!

More chipping practice today. Warmed up by swinging my Orange Whip Wedge, then hit 10 chips each with my 58* wedge, PW and 6H focusing on making an underhand motion with my right hand and keeping my right arm moving so as to engage the bounce, rather than digging the leading edge into the ground. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 386: Another busy day but I did do some backswing work again to feel the cupping at A4.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 147 (17 Nov 21) - More work on the shot sequence as I still like to straighten up too soon, topping the ball.  Kept it with short pitches with the GW in the backyard.  Working in groups of 6, started off with all in a 10' diameter from about 25yds.  By the end of the session, I would have 4 of the 6 within a 3' circle and the outliers within 10'.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 17 - November 17, 2021

Hit balls after lessons after doing a little work at home waiting on some packages.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 109:

More backswing work indoors with LVP camera today. Hope to hit some balls tomorrow. 

-Peter

Day 29 (11/18/21) - Practice swings with my driver, slowly and paying attention to my positions, followed by 9-3 drill with my sand wedge and Almostgolf balls. Regarding the latter, I am trying to shallow out my swing a bit in order to take less of a divot and lower the ball flight. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 387: On,y had time to work on backswing feel at A4. Tomorrow I I’ll get some real practice in.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 148 (18 Nov 21) - Worked on hip clearing thru downswing/impact.  Used the 8i.  Tend to under rotate making shots pushes left.  Drill today had the ball starting right - landing left of target.  Will take this to the course tomorrow.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

DAY 18 (11/18):

Periodic practice swings with my LagShot clubs while at my desk [Est. 15 min]. 😎

Day 110:

Got home with some daylight to practice outside hitting balls. Worked on backswing piece "toe up", also incorporating the arms lift/hinge while shoulders turn from JEP Golf Evolution video. Hit balls with 9-iron just as some light rain was starting, so only got through 10 balls, but everything feels pretty good. Still hard to trust the concept of the arms only lifting and hinging, but I'm getting there.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 18 - November 18, 2021

Got my five minutes in this morning before installing the GEARS the rest of the evening.

Did a lot of what I did the other day. Well, not a lot, because it was like six minutes. But you know what I mean.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 149 (19 Nov 21) - Played 18 today again at Minnesott - starting temp in low 50's, wind gusty.  This time I was solo and was out ahead of the Friday men's group.  As I opted to use the Tommy Armour 845s today (5i-PW, GW, SW), I wanted to maximize the playing time so "today's constraint was "only on the tee could I use the driver, fairways or hybrids", all remaining shots past the tee to the green were to be irons/wedges (all 845s Silver Scots).   So I am using late 1980's technology as these are the original Pat Pend production units.   End result - was some of the most consistent golf I've ever played. I believe it was the combination that the longer clubs were off limits, that I knew I needed to be good in realizing carry distances and how the wind was doing (at times gusty head wind, others gusty tail and then the swirls on open greens.  I plan to do this again soon - great way to work on where separation value pays the most and also to gain confidence in iron play.     

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 30 (11/19/21) - Went to the range today and practiced mostly drivers and wedge shots. It is dead into the wind so a good opportunity to work on control. I was also able to get onto holes 8 and 9 and try a new technique on several sand shots and pitch and runs which I messed up during the season. 

Day 388: filmed some swings for Evolvr

Scott

My Swing Thread