IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 17

10-15 minutes of backswing work before I had to go play volleyball. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 141:

Worked on priority piece with a 7-iron. Hit 45 balls, first 40 were with a 7-iron, working on the change, at a speed to hit the ball 50 yards. Did the last 5 with a 4-iron, and swung full speed.

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 222 - Range work today:

1) Started with pitch shots with my 58* wedge, varying the trajectory.

2) Hit 49* and 54* wedges to varying targets using Ridyard's long, short drill. Unfortunately the range I frequent (when I don't use the NKGC range) has really downgraded its yardage markings this year, so the drill wasn't as worthwhile as I hoped it would be.

3) Hit 44*wedge, 9i and 8i trying to ingrain solid tempo and strike. For some reason I hit a few "squirrelly" shots with the 9i, but after a couple of "on purpose" hooks with the club, it straightened out.

4) Finished with 7H, HW and Driver

Overall a good session!

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

day 92: had group lesson (took about 2 1/2 hours) and we first played some putting competitions, then did some short-game and lastly fairway bunkers.. 

cheers Chris

Day 594: Worked on my pieces in my driveway. First did Butt Board 2000 work for about 10 minutes with driver and 6 iron. Then worked slow drills on wrist action. Had trouble with my iPhone going to sleep and then overheating even though it was shaded. Finished with some short game work in the yard.

Then did some SuperSpeed work. Hit 103 with the driver.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 180 (08 Jun 22) - played 18 today with son and grandson.  Focused on high SV shots primarily approach shots.  Working to make each hole GIR or nGIR.  Getting there with 5 of each or 10 of 18 where I was nGIR or better. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 94.  Got a priority piece from Evolvr, and I spent some time working on it.  Some of it was setup (which I should be checking more regularly with these checkpoints -- how much athleticism does it take to set up correctly?  Probably zero), some was a drill to do and checkpoints along the way.  I can tell I have lots of work to do, which is great, because I will be having time to do so...

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 220, June 8, 2022

Practiced briefly (some lefty 😄) between/before lessons today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 142:

Exact same thing as yesterday, but used a 5-iron for everything.

-Peter

Day 223 - Rain today; worked on putting speed and bead indoors. Set up my PuttOUT mat with the ball at 6', swinging the putter between to other golf balls and putting through a gate 3' in front of the ball (bead) then stroked putts to imaginary holes starting at 2' with enough speed to go 12" to 18" past the hole (thus the 2 footer goes about 6" through the gate). Did this for 3', 4' and 5' targets, then to the hole at 6' until I got a "perfect putt" (speed). This took about 20 minutes. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 181 (09 Jun 22) - Pitches with the 58 in the backyard to reinforce rotating thru and not flipping wrists.  For distance control and accuracy used the flags in the backyard as landing target and worked to get the ball to hold w/in 5’ of landing spot.  Had a number of short shots to start, but as I dialed in the swing distance, the groups got tighter.  Best group - 4 of 5 w/in 3’ circle and all about 5’ past the hole.  The lone flyer was one I hit heavy and it came up 10’ short of the hole

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 221, June 9, 2022

30 six-irons after lessons while LIV was streaming on the Golf Evolution iMac.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 595: Worked a bit on backswing in between sets at the gym using a mirror. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 95.  Priority piece work with a step drill and swings only to arm parallel.  I used a 6-iron for it all.  Indoors, off a mat, into a net;  unlike usual full swing practice, I used a ball on every swing (sometimes foam, sometimes real).    Swings were very slow since I'm still getting used to stepping back while I swing back;  I can't quite get that immediately, and sure wouldn't be able to at speed. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 143:

Same as last two days without the full speed swings, and with a 7-iron for all balls, but it was dark and didn’t go very well. 

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 222, June 10, 2022

Played 18 holes, then played nine holes during a playing lesson. Starting to get some shots back.

Day 224 - 9-hole league tonight. Shot a 10-over 46, despite really poor putting tonight (4 three putts; line is good, speed and read are not). Putting will be my focus next week. 

Day 144:

continued with same thing as last three days. Tried to work in some more speed, but felt like I’d lost the feel, so worked on slow swings through about 40 balls. At the end I hit 10 balls at close to full speed. Might get out Mevo+ and see what balls flight looks like. Start line appears a bit left, but I don’t feel the violent flip so if I’m hitting straight pulls or pull fades I’m kinda happy, pull draws not so much. 

-Peter