IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 32, August 26, 2022: I practiced with the lanyard ball and worked up from little pitch motions to 3/4 swings. When I got in a decent rhythm I put the simulator on and played Seminole. I was a little wild for the first 6 holes (first tee shot OB) but was even par for the last 12 holes with 3 birdies. Hit 9 greens. I finished by going back to the launch monitor and again working on short swings just trying to get center face contact and a good face angle. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 19:

Worked with 9-iron, 6-iron and Driver indoors with LVP camera, focusing on backswing. Backswing feeling is that it is very short, checking periodically on camera to make sure I am not overdoing the "short" feeling, or going to far. Also checked to make sure club is not going too much inside.

Hit balls into my net with same clubs, continuing the short backswing feel. Everything is feeling real good right now, so I think I am due for a check on my LSW shot zones with Mevo+.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 302 - Practiced chip shots from various lies in the yard today. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 74 (27 Aug 22) - Played  18 today with son and grandson.  Focused on staying relaxed and in the moment. Even when the occasional dbl hit the scorecard,  I was able to let it be and move on. Most relaxed round to date. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 40: 8/27/2022

According to my strokes gained information on ShotScope I'm losing strokes on short putts.
So, I spent time today working on the penny drill with my putter. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 174.  Today included a GEARS lesson and some confirmation practice.  I have a lot to work on in the coming weeks, but it's amazing what some time with GEARS can show you.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 33, August 27, 2022: I practiced for several hours today, mostly drills and 1/2 length swings, with one simulated round in the middle of it. The practice was working on the movements in the delivery zone, and I was working on connecting the lead hip movement and unwinding to the hands delivering the club. I did this first with a lanyard ball briefly, then without it. Later, I did some of these using the Hack Motion wrist device. I was getting good, consistent, repeating readings on the wrist sensor and hitting it nice and solid. The simulated round was also good...I swung only about 70%, trying to lengthen a bit from the practice length swings I was taking, but not so long that I lost the feel of what I'd been doing. It was the best "round" for face and path control I can ever remember having. I was hitting alot of shots thin, and topped a couple. I was also missing toward the toe on short iron shots. But the face and path were so consistently good that I was never out of play on any of the holes. It felt really good. I went back on the launch monitor a little later in the day to collect some data to remember the day with. 

JP Bouffard

Day 672: Pulled a muscle under my shoulder blade yesterday some how. It doesn’t hurt when I swing though. Today I worked on my drill again with slow swings mostly, driver and 6 iron.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 303 - It is clear from the video of my swing that I do not have much rotation at impact. Accordingly, at home practice today focused on impact fix drills with driver and 7i. I also hit some 9 to 3s with the 7i trying to get to the same position. Will work on getting to a better impact position both at home and at the range.

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 41, 8/28/2022

Did day 15 of the Covid-19 30 day challenge. Trying to improve my short putting. Also did my priority pieces in front of the mirror. Nearly all slow motion. A few "tests" of different feels. 

Day 34, 8/28/22: Today I warmed up a bit and started a simulated round. I was swinging very poorly so I stopped the round. I went back to little swings with short clubs, beginning with shots of 20-30 yards. After a while I was able to work up to at most 3/4 wedge. I was able to find the face and keep it pretty square and stopped there. 

JP Bouffard

Day 75 (28 Aug 22) - After watching Rory win the Fed Ex Cup, went into the backyard and hit bump and runs with the 8i and pitches with the LW.  Kept the swing to around 1/2 swing focused on not slowing thru impact.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 175.   After a lot of jetlag (it's 7pm pacific as I type this, and I woke up around 5am eastern), and re-settling, I did make a point to do some practice.  I hit nine practice balls (note: there were plenty of rehearsals).  My focus on every ball was grip, setup, and S-L-O-W.  Then there was one more focus per ball, based on my recent GEARS lessons.  The first two were focusing on my "tilt" practice keys, then one on "elbow" practice key.  Then I repeated for another three balls, then another three.  

I plan to do a lot more practice in that pattern in the coming days.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 673: Played 18 this morning at Laurel Lane which should be renamed Poison Ivy Lane. It’s like they’re cultivating it. All the deep rough and woods lining the holes had poison ivy. I don’t remember it like this in the spring when I played here last.

Most of my shots today were pull draws, especially driver. I’ve been working on squaring the face to path, so I guess there’s some progress. But it’s tough to play when I can’t get the driver to go where I want.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 76 (29 Aug 22) - Worked on grip today, after watching @iacas video on getting a good grip, see where I am typically too palmzy.  Can say it is a different. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 304 - Did more impact fix drills, including 9 to 3 swings (essentially the Hips preset drill), with the 7i today. 

Day 42: 8/29/2022

All I did today was some mirror work with a 7-iron. 

Basically taking slow motion swings... mostly just the backswing. Trying to stay balanced, centered, and keeping my hips from getting all wonky. 

Day 176.  Continuation of the past few days.  Two with tilt practice, one with elbow practice.  Slowly.  

-- Michael | My swing!