IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 3. SuperSpeed training as part of my Fit for Golf workout.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 82 - The Stack session and filmed some dry reps back focusing on my priority piece again. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

Day 28 (18 Jul 23) - New putter grip day for my son, putting a SuperStroke 5.0 on his TM Spider.  Since I did the job, got to putt with it some before handing it over.  Definitely a whole different feel as compared to the Odyssey Versa 7CS I use.  Worked on lag putts with the 5.0 and the putter was dead on and accurate to the targets I was rolling to.  Have some key spots on the rug I use to putt on in the shop and it was rolling the balls across there with ease.  Makes me think I may want to "fatten" up the Versa grip.  We're to play Thursday, so I will do an on course test to see how it compares.  Fun day working on putting stroke with a new "to me" putter.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 12, July 18th, 2023

Went to the range before volleyball. Worked on hands down piece. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 83 - Practice session at the range. Lots of slow swings and filming. I think this change is going to take quite a bit of time to nail down. Sent a video to Evolvr.

Day 1: Took about a month off from this, but it’s time to start back up. Went to the range tonight. Hit 40 balls, doing random practice. Focused mostly on wedges and drivers. Then went to the putting green and worked for a while there. Worked on 3 foot and 6 foot putts and then some lag putting. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 35: Jul 18

Played 12 holes at home course (had to cut it short due to time constraints). Which was a shame given I was -4 gross at that point. Some errant shots (not unexpected given my handicap), but lots of good golf tee to green. Poor lag putting cost me a couple of shots. Also mindful that I’m “flipping” at the ball with a GW. But really pleased how I’m approaching each shot, thinking it through and understanding what I’m trying to accomplish with the shot (and planning the subsequent shot).

Day 1 again. Weather and helping a friend with painting her deck has taken up a lot of time. The weather has been either pissing rain or stunning humidity and fog. Did SuperSpeed training as part of my Fit for Golf workout.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 261, July 19, 2023

Played 18 holes (well, ~17) with @DrizZzY. Hit some really good tee shots and some other shots that felt like what I can do. Recorded a video, which spurred all of it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 13, July 19th, 2023. 

Went to the range at lunch. Working on the same stuff. Hands down better.

I am getting better at making a moderately speed backswing then pause/stop the hands/arms then slowly dropping the hands/club down in the downswing. The downswing feels like it is glacially slow. Anything faster and old habits kick in. So, let's say I can chip the ball 100 yards with a 7-iron making a full swing. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Day 84 - Dry reps in the mirror and some indoor putting.

Day 29 (19 Jul 23) - got in an afternoon round with son and grandson.  Had some decent up and down attempts.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 2: Did a super speed session and worked on swing feels in my backswing. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 14, July 20th 2023

Played 18 holes. Driver is still like playing Russian Roulette. Tried to exaggerate some feels from time to time, not there yet. Feels like the timing is way off. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Day 2. Range at NKGC. Ankle feels better and I’ve taped it up. Worked on center face contact. I seem to do better with the driver not looking at the ball and focusing on the tee. With that focus, I hit in the sweet spot. If I look at the ball, I hit it low in the face. Front to back is better with the set up Erik gave me. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 30 (20 Jul 23) - played 18 w/my son at RiverBend.  One of those days - heat, humidity, aching left foot - just never really connected.  Worked hard to stay mentally in the game, long day of scrambling.  Best part was watching my son drive two of the par 5’s in two and chip in for birdie on the next to last hole (par 4).  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 85 - The Stack session.