IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 275, August 2, 2023

Wrist curl, throw behind. Lots of slow motion stuff, with some faster ones toward the end. Only 15 minutes, but a good, focused 15 minutes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/1/2023 at 5:56 PM, saevel25 said:

Day 24, July 1st, 2023

Sigh 🤣

Day 25, AUGUST! 2nd, 2023

Worked on short game. I tried to work on putting, but it's a bit of a mess right now. I don't feel like I am lined up correct. I just feel uncomfortable over the ball. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 43 (2 Aug 23) - Got in an afternoon round with son and grandson.  Much better day of overall ball striking.   Had a second set of wedges with me today as I wanted to compare the old with the new....on approaches where I was looking wedge, would hit one ball with the old wedge and one with its comparable newbie.  Much different shot shapes for sure.  It was a fun day of wedgies!  😁

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 16: did the stack baseline test. Mixed in some feels work in the rest portions.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 47: Aug 2

Range session. Lots of 3-wood practice focusing on maintaining a flat wrist at the top of the backswing with good results. Seeing a baby fade with a 3-wood on a regular basis is a really nice feeling! Misses tend to be a not-terrible slice (say 7-10 yds right of target line) which I can live with for now, mixed in with the occasional pulled shot (which is less desirable). Either miss is fine; having both is not ideal.

Day 4 - Practiced at the NKGC range and practice green today:

Range: Warmed up with wedge shots, followed by 6H, 9W, 4W and Driver. For the 4W and Driver, I foot sprayed the face to work on face strike. For each club, picked boundaries to represent expected dispersion (wider for driver and progressively narrower to 6H). 

Practice green: Practiced pitch shots of 5 to 20 yards (LW from fringe and SW from rough) to various pins, putting out some of the longer ones. Then did ladder drills with the LW from the fringe first progressively longer followed by progressively shorter shots. Practiced long lag putts (my putting distance control needs work). 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 48: Aug 3

An hour or so in a practice net working on clubpath; put an object near the ball that encourages an in-to-out swing path. Get it wrong and I clip the object when hitting the ball - the result is reasonably good feedback on my swing.

Day 26, August 3rd, 2023

Played nine holes after work. Hit the ball well for a guy with a head cold. 🤣

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

• Administrator

Day 276, August 3, 2023

15 minutes after a day of lessons. Curl, throw.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 44 (03 Aug 23) - Wedge session in the backyard - focused on setup, stance and especially staying weight forward - used a separate wedge propped against the lead hip to remind me to stay on the lead foot (reverse pivot and the club falls off the hip)….

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 98 - The Stack session.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

Day 17: Did the yardstick putting drill for a while. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 49: Aug 4

Todays mission: exorcise my sudden demons over one particular tee shot (160-170 yd carry over rough ground - there’s a bailout of sorts that’s 120 yds carry) that I’ve been failing recently. Also, look at the tee shot from the medal tees on another hole (uncertainty on the target line has led to poor shots) and try different approaches.

Mission accomplished: having hit five tee shots that made the carry with ease I’ve concluded that I can clearly play the shot. The other tee shot: I have a clear target line to take, along with a bailout option if weather conditions are a factor.

Bonus: to do all that I had to play 10 holes (skipping holes along the way). Fading light meant I couldn’t continue - I was never going to fit 18 holes in - but to be +5 gross (which I think is -8 nett!) over 10 holes is icing on the cake! 

Day 27, August 4th, 2023

Worked on short game after work. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

Day 277, August 4, 2023

Full swing a little before and a little after lessons today. Curl, throw. Same old. The more I throw it, the more I can turn.

Day 99 - Mirror work focusing on hand path and forearm rotation

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

Day 5 - 9-hole league at NKGC today.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 45 (04 Aug 23) - Day of dodging rain.  Managed to get some swings in the wet grass with the 58 & 54.  Like taking on  varied lie situations in drills.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star