IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 61: Aug 17

Continued work on swing path by hitting 3/4 shots into a net, trying to maintain my in-to-out feel. Then switched to chipping practise before finishing with some part-distance wedges. Good session.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 32: played 14 holes before getting kicked off the course for a ladies member-member. Not my best stuff, but still hit over half GIR and didn’t lose a ball on a course where it’s possible to on every hole. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 58 (18 Aug 23) - Full swing drill work today (focused on setup, weight onto lead foot, smooth tempo) using driver and 5i w/hard foam balls in the backyard.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 3:

Hit some balls today with 6-iron, and frankly it was awful. I got frustrated and started chasing a groove and lost focus on what I was working on. Stopped for a bit to gather myself, and returned with some 9-3 swings working on priority piece. Went a little better, but not a good session.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 110 - Played 18 holes. Was the best my driving and putting have been all year. Short game was pretty solid too.

Hit 13/14 fairways and made a bunch of 6-10 footers. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

• Administrator

Day 291, August 18, 2023

Practiced a little at GE3 before heading over to tryouts. This is what happens when you wake up at 5:30 for some reason.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I met my son at his range in his city this afternoon.  Started off working with my new driver.  Kept topping it.  Eventually raised the Tee and worked on not rising with my upper body and ended up with about 6 or 7 good hits towards the end.  I became a little flustered when a huge, loud group joined next to us.  Worked hard on cancelling them out and did ok the rest of the time.  

went to their chipping range and did okay with my P and my 52.  Putting was good after that-felt relaxed.  Spent a little over 2 hours there altogether.

We’re going back to the range tomorrow morning and then playing a small par 3 9 hole course late tomorrow afternoon when my other sons show up.  

Day 14, August 19th, 2023

Went up to Erie to get some bulk practice in at the new location. More pause (doesn’t really pause) with the turn between backswing and downswing to allow time for hands to get down. Big improvement in contact. The new place looks good. Very nice setup. 😁

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Day 292, August 19, 2023

Worked with @saevel25 after some lessons today. Out, up, flat right wrist… throw with some speed. Starting to feel like the old stuff.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 59 (19 Aug 23) - Walked the front nine at Minnesott.  Played with limited bag - 5w, 5&7, 50-54-58 wedges and putter.  Focused on using wedges as much a possible (primarily 125 in).  Teed from the most fwd tees.  A good workout. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 33: range session before my championship match tomorrow. Got some good feels ready to go. Then putted for 30 minutes, doing the pullback drill with AimPoint work. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 4:

Did short game drills and putting yardstick drill for about 15 minutes, and then hit some balls with various clubs through the bag.

-Peter

Day 62: Aug 19

Lesson followed by driver fitting. Clubpath is still in a decent place - it reaches a little too much out-to-in with driver, but if (when!!) I learn to control it a little better it’ll become workable. Even then a fair number of driver shots were playable. 

It didn’t help that I’d set overly excessive expectations on driver performance, which tarnished things a little. But then I’ve been here before and the hard work plus coaching has seen me right. So trust the process, keep doing the clubpath drills and keep working. Driver will become part of my game! 

Day 4:

Played 18, just awful. Shot 92, which was the absolute best I could have scored. No element of my game was good today.

-Peter

Day 63: Aug 20

Range day, focusing on getting to grips with new driver. Results were positive overall; there’s some overly leaky shots to the right, but there were a fair number of “strong fades” that would have been completely fine on the course. Bring down my clubpath a little more and it’ll improve the shot results.

Also spent time working on short game and finesse wedges. Really good results, good distance control and touch is improving all the time.

Day 14, August 20th, 2023

Got some short game and putting practice in. I am hitting too many putts on the heel of the putter. Got to figure that out. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 60 (20 Aug 23) - Easy bump and runs with 8i-9i-PW in the backyard.  As the shots were in the 20yd range, worked in making more of a putter swing keeping wrists quiet-turning thru shoulders.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 111 - Mirror work in the hotel room

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X