IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 34:

Worked on full swing. I think I've stopped the bleeding on inside takeaway for the time being, so done with "Matt Wolff" exaggeration for now. Went back to focusing on not stalling core rotation through downswing. I think I have a good feel at least for the time being, but I am really struggling to sync the arms dropping and turn well, and hitting some massive pulls. I feel like I need to get out to the driving range and actually watch the ball's physical flight (instead of Mevo Plus) to help work on this.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 81: Did a stack session. Worked on grip during the session and on breaks. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 107 (28 Sep 23) - Worked with 50 wedge, working on low pitches.  Really focused on maintaining rotation thru and keeping hands quiet.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 332, September 28, 2023

Mirror work while the wife watched trashy television. 😛 Which is the only kind she watches.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 146 - Dry work feeling the left side bend and a bit of the left forearm piece.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

Day 82: Short range session. Focused on the bottom of the bag. Hitting at targets while making sure my grip and ball position is better. 

-- Daniel

Day 3: Sep 29

After a range day yesterday managed to get in 9 holes today. Few things to work on - I need to get more accurate with my iron play and I need to trust my golf swing off the tee. I don’t need a strong-ish grip any longer, I’m closing the clubface just fine. So trust it and execute.

Day 147 - New driver shaft (Ventus Blue TR 7x) I was fitted into arrived today so went to the range. Man that thing is so good.

That is by far the most consistent I've ever hit a driver in terms of both quality of strike and dispersion/ball flight. Everything was dead straight or a slight draw with zero push slices or snap hooks. Launch angle and peak height are visibly higher too, two things that my fitter indicated I needed in order to optimize my distance for my speed.

Even when I let a few loose and swung hard the strike quality and ball flight remained consistent. Assuming this continues and transfers onto the course this will be a game changer for me.

I'll take the Mevo+ to the range tomorrow or Sunday and see what kinds of numbers I'm getting with it.

Day 83: Played 18 holes. Shot +5, but missed out on a no 6s round on the last hole. Excellent approach day - hit 11 GIR with 2 more just barely in the fringe. 

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

• Administrator

Day 333, September 29, 2023

Practiced for 15 minutes or so after lessons today.

It's the right stuff, but it's feeling awkward at the moment. I'll battle through. Some of the shots at the end were good. It's still just the two things, but I'm re-focusing on the first thing first.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 108 (29 Sep 23) - worked on putting while watching Ryder Cup afternoon session.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 36:

Lesson today.

Easy changes:

• Setup - ball position 1-2 balls more forward, stand about 1" closer to the ball (need to sole club behind ball stepping into shot to set distance), and lower hips just a touch.
  • Grip - Right hand weakened slightly

Priority:

• Backswing - club not going inside but face is too closed. Feel is vertical face at P2 (keep cup wrist) and hinge early. Also need to have a more centered turn, or recenter better.

Miss will be right until I adjust to more neutral clubface at top. Right miss is fine, I can play okay with short / right misses, the long lefts are often unplayable for me.

-Peter

Day 109 (30 Sep 23) - Carried clubs with me to band rehearsal, booked a tee time for after, teamed up with a member at the course I played today (Ayden G&CC).  Was a good day, shot my personal best at this course (43 front / 42 back from the green tees (5,800yds)).   Ball striking thru the bag the most consistent it’s been.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 334, September 30, 2023

Practiced a little bit before and between lessons. I almost don't literally know how guys roll the club early to start and then counter-roll it the other way the last part of the backswing.

Day 37:

Hit some balls with 6-iron to warm up, then Stack session with some backswing practice during rests, then some chipping/pitching.

-Peter

Day 148 - Practice session getting used to new driver shaft in preparation for tournament this coming week.

Using Mevo+ exploring different AoA and impacts on dispersion, carry, quality of strike, etc.

Over time I think I can get to a level or maybe even slightly positive AoA to optimize my speed but right now my controlled smooth swing is -1 to -2 AoA and 275-285 carry. When I change the swing and get AoA to like +1 to +2  carry spikes to 290-300+ but dispersion and quality of strike suffer because I have to do some extreme feels to get to +2 so that's going to take some time to get used to. But man the results are good when I square it up.

Edited by klineka