IGNORED

UK Analytics Firm YouGov: Golf Is the Most Boring Sport to Watch

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1948 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Good grief.  If you want to know whether there's any validity here, simply consider that they consider cricket and darts to be more compelling than football.

nuff said...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 1/13/2018 at 6:44 PM, Nutsmacker said:

I like how darts is less boring than golf to watch.  Haha.  Who watches dart matches?  

Have you seen one? I don't have a channel for it now, but watched a bit some years ago. It was really cool, with players dressing up, doing some showmanship, the annoucers making jokes, it all happening in a bar with people not quite sober.

It's also quite faster, which might be a reason golf is so high up. Four times four hours of coverage over four days before you get the final result.

I dont understand how people are surprised American football ended up higher than cricket. It's a UK poll, in countries where cricket is more popular than American football.

Edited by Zeph
  • Like 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• 11 months later...

Hitting the ball close to the bullseye, I mean hole, is very similar to darts.  Seeing a ball fly right to the hole is very exciting.  That's why the crowd screams and applauds such a shot.  I've watched countless tournaments on TV on the edge of my seat because it's so exciting.  But, then again, I'm far from impartial when it comes to this sport.  I also love watching Billiards.

I make it point to watch parts of 3 of the 4 majors. Those parts split between the Masters, US Open, and The Open. . 

At night, while goofing around on roku, I will sometimes watch You Tube, which will show entire rounds of certain pga players in about 10-15 minutes. 

After those 3 majors, and You Tube, I am a firm believer that golf should be played. Not watched. 

Of the major sports in America, my favorite is the NFL.  MLB is second, . I do go to the local NHL games, but only because I get to sit in a suite, eat, drink, and the tickets are free. That, and my Grand Daughters are big fans of the GKs. I have no interest in any other American professional sports at this time. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

On 1/15/2018 at 4:54 PM, Golfingdad said:

This could be argued by fans of each sport that is on that list towards those that don't like it.

For the record, I have watched darts on TV on occasion and it's kind of interesting to me.  The guys are mostly characters, the announcers are excited, and the fans are drunk as **** and rowdy as hell.

Thanks @Golfingdad, I’ve officially watched darts.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• iacas changed the title to UK Analytics Firm YouGov: Golf Is the Most Boring Sport to Watch
Note: This thread is 1948 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!