IGNORED

Wrist supports I can wear while playing

RussUK
Note: This thread is 2258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Having trouble with my left wrist again, bit of strain that im sure many of us golfers get. As is the case with being a dad, as soon as the wrist starts feeling better, i pick up my youngest and strain it again.

Im now looking for a wrist support. I have use the wrist wraps in the past with the thumb holes but found them uncomfortable around the thumb so have been looking at the ones that literally just go round the wrist. I intend to use it when recovered to support and limit further injury (Im falling apart guys, right knee always strapped up when playing!).

Does anyone use/have used something like the below while playing?

Neo_G_Wrist_Band.jpg.302a64d57c398fbb3cbdd99d662f34d0.jpg

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you have a strain or sprain, I wouldn't play. Take the time off and get that healed up. It can't be good to try to play while injured. I would bet you are more likely re-injure if you keep playing, even with a brace.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

17 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

If you have a strain or sprain, I wouldn't play. Take the time off and get that healed up. It can't be good to try to play while injured. I would bet you are more likely re-injure if you keep playing, even with a brace.

Not playing at the moment. Just want something to give me a little more support after its healed.

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Wrist strains are tricky. Especially if the strain is around the hamate bone (the ball thing below the picky side of your wrist) If you have severe pain at that spot, i just wouldnt play and let it heal like what saevel25 said. 

But if you really have to play, (club championship or something) I've found combinations of althetic and KT tape useful. Check the web for wraps. They dont inhibit the swing as much as hard braces do, IMO.  Make sure you shave if you're a hairy beast. 

Strain is fairly mild, more niggly then anything else. No golf till its fully healed (maybe putting only), bought a finburst wrist wrap that quite a few golfers gave good reviews on so will wear that when the wrist is better enough to get back out to protect it. 

3 hours ago, RussUK said:

Having trouble with my left wrist again, bit of strain that im sure many of us golfers get. As is the case with being a dad, as soon as the wrist starts feeling better, i pick up my youngest and strain it again.

Im now looking for a wrist support. I have use the wrist wraps in the past with the thumb holes but found them uncomfortable around the thumb so have been looking at the ones that literally just go round the wrist. I intend to use it when recovered to support and limit further injury (Im falling apart guys, right knee always strapped up when playing!).

Does anyone use/have used something like the below while playing?

Neo_G_Wrist_Band.jpg.302a64d57c398fbb3cbdd99d662f34d0.jpg

I’ve played in a wrist brace on my lead arm. The kind that has a thumb hole is better.

$9 at Walmart 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/CFR-Wrist-Brace-Carpal-Tunnel-Right-Carpel-Wrist-Support-Forearm-Splint-Band-3-Straps-Adjustable-Breathable-Sports-Sprains-Arthritis-Tendinitis/638392467?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=13945&adid=22222222228134376913&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=242035497798&wl4=pla-396398845609&wl5=9031114&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=117889310&wl11=online&wl12=638392467&wl13=&veh=sem

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I fight a little tendonitis and a bit or arthritis in my left wrist so I play 90% of my golf with a wrist wrap. I have several different ones, but they are all similar to the picture you shared above. I am with you I cannot do the thumb hole, too restrictive and uncomfortable. Just wrapping it tightly with athletic tape works as well. Make sure to shave your wrist first if you do that or OUCH when you take it off.

Edited by NM Golf

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

• 4 weeks later...

a friend of mine had the same problem and went to a chiropractor. felt it and said you probably could be fixed up with acupuncture.  so he got the acupuncture done and WOW, all gone.

I say try some acupuncture, nothing to lose, only gain.

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Note: This thread is 2258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!