Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
colin007

2018 Arnold Palmer Invitational

566 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Let's do this, Tiger. Make me proud. I love you, bro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Tiger has to be the odds on Vegas favorite to win next week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, skydog said:

Tiger has to be the odds on Vegas favorite to win next week

calm down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, GrandStranded said:

calm down

Do you doubt the veracity of the statement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, GrandStranded said:

calm down

although you might have a point there. Lots of Tiger money out there, I'm sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Do you doubt the veracity of the statement?

You out typed me. Once I thought about it for a second... There's a difference between the person who's the Vegas favorite and the best bet. Tigers showing this week ups the value on a lot of other players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

You out typed me. Once I thought about it for a second... There's a difference between the person who's the Vegas favorite and the best bet. Tigers showing this week ups the value on a lot of other players.

Yes, that’s what I was getting at, but also who do you think has a better actual chance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

29 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

calm down

Just making what I believe to be a factual statement....I haven’t looked at any actual odds but I would have to believe he is/will be the betting favorite. 

I understand that Vegas odds for Tiger have gotten a bit of ahead of themselves at times during his prior comeback attempts but it’s Bay Hill and Tiger. He could have won this week on a course not particularly well suited for him so I’ve got to believe he will be and deserves to be the favorite at a course that he has (arguably) played better than anywhere else during his career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yes, that’s what I was getting at, but also who do you think has a better actual chance?

Not sure exactly who is in the field of the top guys. I know Tigers history at this event, but golf is not a sport where I think a chalk is a smart bet, especially in a regular season event. Maybe in a major, where the better players/favorites have been through the gauntlet. Even then, there's always so many value bets available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

29 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yes, that’s what I was getting at, but also who do you think has a better actual chance?

You would know a lot more about this then me, but I thought Tiger looked a little tired today. probably as much mentally as physically. He's played a lot for someone who's been out such a long time. I'm really not expecting as much good play next week from him as he showed the last two. That said, with the next week off, I can't wait to see him at the Masters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

19 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

Not sure exactly who is in the field of the top guys. I know Tigers history at this event, but golf is not a sport where I think a chalk is a smart bet, especially in a regular season event. Maybe in a major, where the better players/favorites have been through the gauntlet. Even then, there's always so many value bets available.

The bet isn't Tiger or the field, though, either. I'm asking which golfer you think has a better actual chance.

That's not got to do with betting or gamblers or the squares.

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/arnold-palmer-invitational-presented-by-mastercard/field.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, iacas said:

The bet isn't Tiger or the field, though, either. I'm asking which golfer you think has a better actual chance.

That's not got to do with betting or gamblers or the squares.

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/arnold-palmer-invitational-presented-by-mastercard/field.html

Think you missed my reply. I'd say Justin, Dustin, Rahm, and a few others have a little too much game for Tiger right now. BTW Hope you can reply to my post about Tiger looking a little "tired" today...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, GrandStranded said:

Think you missed my reply. I'd say Justin, Dustin, Rahm, and a few others have a little too much game for Tiger right now. BTW Hope you can reply to my post about Tiger looking a little "tired" today...

The staff deleted that reply because you put it in a quote and it linked back to a different post. It has no actual content.

Dustin Johnson isn't in the field next week. Nor is Rahm. And Tiger just beat Justin Rose, and has a great history at Bay Hill. 

So again what player do you think has an actual better chance, chalk betters aside, at Bay Hill, a place where a tiger has won seven times or so?

Scratch that. Eight times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He did look tired, I agree, but I think that's the mental grind of hitting the ball pretty freaking well and not getting the putts to drop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, iacas said:

The staff deleted that reply because you put it in a quote and it linked back to a different post. It has no actual content.

Dustin Johnson isn't in the field next week. Nor is Rahm. And Tiger just beat Justin Rose, and has a great history at Bay Hill. 

So again what player do you think has an actual better chance, chalk betters aside, at Bay Hill, a place where a tiger has won seven times or so?

Scratch that. Eight times.

Tiger owns Bay Hill. That course is suited for his game so well. And he knows just how to pick it apart.

I don't see much of any one sticking with the GOAT if he brings the game he brought to Palm Harbor with a few more putts dropping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, iacas said:

The staff deleted that reply because you put it in a quote and it linked back to a different post. It has no actual content.

Dustin Johnson isn't in the field next week. Nor is Rahm. And Tiger just beat Justin Rose, and has a great history at Bay Hill. 

Ok. I asked you, figuring you would know better then me if Tiger looked tired today mentally or physically. I'm not expecting a lot from him next week, I think he needs some rest right now.  But as far as who will be better next week? I just saw the field. What's up with these guys? It's like when Byron Nelson died, after that no one shows up. At best, Fleetwood, Reed, Fowler never impresses me where I think he'll win. Hell, even our buddy "Lumpy" Herron is in this field. I guess if Tiger can carry his play for one more week, he should contend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

Ok. I asked you, figuring you would know better then me if Tiger looked tired today mentally or physically. I'm not expecting a lot from him next week, I think he needs some rest right now.  But as far as who will be better next week? I just saw the field. What's up with these guys? It's like when Byron Nelson died, after that no one shows up. At best, Fleetwood, Reed, Fowler never impresses me where I think he'll win. Hell, even our buddy "Lumpy" Herron is in this field. I guess if Tiger can carry his play for one more week, he should contend.

So, what's your answer? Who has a better chance to win than Tiger, actual ability, betting completely to the side?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

OK, so Iacas sent me a link earlier which showed who's in the field. What a horrible lineup. This has to be the weakest field of the year. I know it's a Invitational, but c'mon. Goydos Herron, Love, Els and more is this a Senior Tour event? Rory, Tiger, Rickie, Fleetwood, Reed and nobody else. UGH! Making late tee times this weekend, nothing to see here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...