IGNORED

Emergency Fitting

Note: This thread is 2154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey everyone! I have a 2011 set of Cleveland CG16 irons that other than wear on the sole and sweet spot were in great shape. Grooves are pretty good and shafts are immaculate. I wipe them after every shot. Yet...I broke three of them this week. Turns out there is a ton of rust under the plastic piece covering the hosel connection to the shaft. I was struggling with consistency of my irons after a 2 week hiatus due to a sprained finger and chunked a couple like we all have and off went the club head! The pro I work with for swing lessons walked by and figured all would have rust so he thought I should have a fitting. My 4 iron broke (barely used anyway) as well as my 7 and 8 irons (lifelines!)

Does anyone do quick or emergency club fitting? I have a club tournament on Friday and Saturday of next week and fly to Florida and SC for golf on the following Tuesday. 

I will assume your swing pro doesn't do fitting. Does he know anyone?

Perhaps a quick check in the local telephone book will list a club fitter, or Google for a club fitter in your area. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A quick Google search shows 

1. Ace of Clubs
  2. Club Champion
  3. Golftec

I would definitely give each a call and explain your situation.   Good luck

• Like 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

5 hours ago, dennyjones said:

A quick Google search shows 

1. Ace of Clubs
  2. Club Champion
  3. Golftec

I would definitely give each a call and explain your situation.   Good luck

I can personally vouch for Frank at Ace of Clubs for being the best I've ever dealt with.  

Edited by Typhoon92

Hey guys thanks for the info! I appreciate the searches and help. I was able to get a fitting squeezed in tomorrow from Cool Clubs. They have a facility in Natick, MA. Most places in MA, Club Champ and Ace of Clubs are booked solid a few weeks out.

Let's see what they fit me in! I am probably more curious to see the shafts than the club heads. Looks like Callaway, PXG, and TM have some good new offerings for heads

Sorry to hear you couldn't get in to see my buddy Frank at Ace of Clubs.  He is amazing and does all the brands you mentioned.  I know he is crazy busy year round but that happens when you're the best.

Didnt know there was a Cool Clubs in Natick.  Best of luck!

Glad you got your fitting in, be interested to know what they put you in. As far as your clubs breaking, I can't believe a seven year old set would be that rusty that the heads are breaking off, weird.

Note: This thread is 2154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!