IGNORED

Kid Clubs

Note: This thread is 2109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My grandson just turned 8 and his old baby clubs are too small. He's about 4'7" I think, and I'm trying to find a new set for him. Most of what I'm finding online seems to be brands I've never heard of - US Kids, In-Tech, Paragon, Tour Kids, Young Guns, Winfield etc. The few name brands I've seen seem to cost a fortune, especially since he will outgrow them in only a couple years. Does anyone have experience with these clubs? I'd really just like to find something with a driver, one hybrid, one wedge, one iron and a putter (and hopefully a bag). New or used would be fine. Any ideas or suggestions?

Edited by anaveragehacker

• Administrator

I've known a lot of kids with USKG clubs. At 4'7" he's almost ready for some smaller adult clubs. My daughter is only 4'10" to 11" and she has PING G400s.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Both my kids used the Ping Moxy series clubs. I really liked them. Nice set with a bag around $220. They have various sizes too.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 6/7/2018 at 5:02 PM, iacas said:

I've known a lot of kids with USKG clubs. At 4'7" he's almost ready for some smaller adult clubs. My daughter is only 4'10" to 11" and she has PING G400s.

Interesting. The only other golfer in my family is my neice. 15 yrs old, about 5'3" tall. Her dad got her a Wilson Jr. boys set. Should i be on the lookout for standard womens clubs? She is currently getting lessons with the Wilsons.

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, Baccam83 said:

Interesting. The only other golfer in my family is my neice. 15 yrs old, about 5'3" tall. Her dad got her a Wilson Jr. boys set. Should i be on the lookout for standard womens clubs? She is currently getting lessons with the Wilsons.

My daughter doesn't even have "womens" clubs. They're G400 irons and hybrids with a senior men's shaft. Her Glide 2.0 wedges have steel shafts.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I got my son a set of Tour Edge off of Amazon (they had the best price) - seems to be a solid set of clubs so far.  I also got a decent used set for my other son at Play it Again Sports - Walter Hagen Series III Junior - seems to be a decent set as well.  I see these on ebay as well - many in really decent shape.  My 8 year old didn't seem to mind a bit that his clubs were used - he was just happy to have some of his own!

On 6/11/2018 at 10:41 AM, cygnusjen said:

I got my son a set of Tour Edge off of Amazon (they had the best price) - seems to be a solid set of clubs so far.  I also got a decent used set for my other son at Play it Again Sports - Walter Hagen Series III Junior - seems to be a decent set as well.  I see these on ebay as well - many in really decent shape.  My 8 year old didn't seem to mind a bit that his clubs were used - he was just happy to have some of his own!

I must have been really tired when I posted this...  I said “decent” and “as well” way too many times!  

My son, until recently, used the US Kids clubs.  They're very good clubs, probably the best kids clubs around.  They have the Ultra Light series and the Tour Series.  They UL's are lighter and more flexible than the TS.  For a beginner, I'd go with the UL series.  For a more athletic, more serious kid, the TS are a better fit.

When my boy hit 5 foot, instead of getting the TS-60 clubs (the sets are numbered but a kid's height in inches), I just have him my previous clubs, adult sized.  He choked down on them for a while, but now, at 5' 3", he just plays them normally.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Note: This thread is 2109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!