IGNORED

Facebook will air live PGA Tour coverage on its Watch tab

Club Rat
Note: This thread is 2133 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One of the ways that Facebook has been highlighting its Watch tab is through exclusive streaming deals with sports leagues. Now, the PGA Tour joins the roster of sports that will air coverage on Facebook exclusively. Live competition coverage of eight tournaments in the 2018–2019 season will stream exclusively on Facebook.

The coverage will follow two featured groups starting at approximately 8:30 AM ET Saturday and Sunday mornings. These players will be in the third and final rounds. The coverage will continue until the Golf Channel's programming begins.

It's clear that this is an enhancement to existing coverage, rather than replacing it, which may work better for Facebook. One complaint against Facebook's exclusive deals is that people paying for premium cable packages in order to watch all available content for a particular sport don't especially relish the idea of tuning into Facebook to watch a game. This will not replace what's available on a different channel; it will merely deliver additional content to viewers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Interesting what companies are doing to gain subscription/revenue.  Speaks much to the popularity of golf, but still not motivation enough for me to create a FB account. :yucky:

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

The service is not yet available to all FB users. My wife has it on her phone, but it is not available on mine as yet. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2133 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!