IGNORED

Not sure of what this part name is..

Note: This thread is 2131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey everyone, I am pretty new to golf and a buddy of mine gave me his Ping i20 9.5 driver. Unfortunately, the shaft broke just at the head of the driver leaving the graphite jammed inside of this piece that has two ridges on it that mounts into two other holes inside the driver head opening. I need to buy this piece, however, I’ve researched all over and am not sure what the name of it is. I asked a dicks sporting goods associate and he said it’s a ferrule, but it doesn’t look like a ferrule. 

28884F29-FAFC-48D2-A26A-C01A7B929D9E.jpeg

BD0AFEA6-3281-4162-A5ED-0C36369C8CCD.jpeg

52EAE9A3-6919-4A86-8191-53E71EF8BD4F.jpeg

AE2325C0-529E-4D73-A23F-594F26CDB6D1.jpeg

It is a shaft tip adaptor sleeve.

Edited by Shorty
  • Thumbs Up 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:32 PM, Vinniefive0 said:

I need to buy this piece

I'm not 100% sure, but what you may have is a "counter balance" adapter used by Ping.

How did you remove that part from the driver head?  

If you live in the US give Customer Service a call - 1-800-474-6434

Re-shafting versus buy another used?
Unless I had a specific shaft to replace, I would probably just buy another.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There is a chance that piece was not designed to be removed.  The adapter sleeve is a black plastic component, so this is a different part.  Does the adapter sleeve fit inside of this piece when it's installed in the hosel?

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

I’m not sure if it’s meant to be removed or not, but the two posts on the end of it drop into the hosel to fit into the two holes and then the shaft goes into the piece with the two posts. This driver is not adjustable to all it has is a nut to tighten or loosen to take apart. It’s a shame if I have to buy a new one because this driver head is in good shape.

22 hours ago, Club Rat said:

I'm not 100% sure, but what you may have is a "counter balance" adapter used by Ping.

How did you remove that part from the driver head?  

If you live in the US give Customer Service a call - 1-800-474-6434

Re-shafting versus buy another used?
Unless I had a specific shaft to replace, I would probably just buy another.

I removed it from a forget what size wrench but I loosened it up with the wrench because that’s all it takes to take apart the driver head from the shaft. Plus he epoxy wasn’t strong enough which is why I believe it snapped at the tip.

It looks like a shaft adapter to the head. The shaft may get glued to the adapter and the bolt or screw keeps the head and shaft together. Is there a possibility that this is a demo club head for fitting that was made for quick shaft changes? If so, it seems strange that someone is using it as a gamer. 

Edited by Valleygolfer

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 2131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!