IGNORED

Not Gonna Be A Good Year.

Dent
Note: This thread is 5952 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I also agree with those guys, we have tons of them, and they absolutly suck. And they are mostly the 60's 70's seniors.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Talk to your golf coach and get a try out, by legal standards I believe you get a tryout, but don't quote me, as far as juniors, they aren't treated well at many places because many believe that they are wasting tee times
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

I also agree with those guys, we have tons of them, and they absolutly suck. And they are mostly the 60's 70's seniors.

Well, I'm one of those 60's seniors, but I have to agree with you that I don't care for a lot of

country club golfers, and it has little to do with age. They tend to get that "I'm better than you because I'm a private club golfer." attitude. I've seen it when I play with my brother-in-law at his club, and occasionally when a clubber comes "slumming" on my home course. Even the staff at the country club pro shop tends to be a bit snobbish to me as a guest at times. But you rarely if ever see that attitude on a muni. Dent, get out into the world of public golf and you will see that your perceptions will change.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dent - Life's not fair. Get over it! There will be many things in life that you don't like. Some thingsyou can easily change, others not. If you don't like the rules at your club, play somewhere else (agreed it may be farther away) or find out how to get the rules changed (that may not be easy either). If you have a passion for golf you will find a way to play.

Fourputt - The muni world is not immune from boorish behavior. I have seen the members of the "mens club" get special treatment at my local muni while the general public waits.

Dent - Life's not fair. Get over it! There will be many things in life that you don't like. Some thingsyou can easily change, others not. If you don't like the rules at your club, play somewhere else (agreed it may be farther away) or find out how to get the rules changed (that may not be easy either). If you have a passion for golf you will find a way to play.

The only "special treatment" we get in our men's club (and in the various leagues that play there, men's, women's, junior's and senior's), is tee times on tournament days. We don't get special tee times or preferential treatment otherwise. So if that is happening on your course, then the staff is making a serious PR blunder. I can understand why it might happen though, if the men's club is perceived as contributing to a disproportionate part of the course's income, but that still doesn't make it right.

Rick

But you rarely if ever see that attitude on a muni. Dent, get out into the world of public golf and you will see that your perceptions will change.

I beg to differ - I'm not trying to start a fight here, but I almost always play on muni's and public courses. And I've seen this problem at every course I've ever played on.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I beg to differ - I'm not trying to start a fight here, but I almost always play on muni's and public courses. And I've seen this problem at every course I've ever played on.

Not to the same extent.... no way you get that many misplaced egos on a typical muni. I admit that there are upscale privately owned public courses, especially in resort and vacation areas, which get more than their fair share of those snobby types, but that same attitude generally keeps them away from municipal courses because those courses are beneath them. Some of those types even joined private clubs just so they wouldn't have to "mix" with us blue collar lowlifes. Then they play at a resort and get paired up with us anyway, and that just galls them.

This isn't intended to be a rant against all private club golfers, but simply a statement about the prevailing attitude of them vs. the typical muni golfer. I find the atmosphere to usually be more open and receptive at a public, daily fee course than at a private club, even though I am playing at such a club as the guest of a member. You even see it on these golf DB's... guys who join clubs just so they can pick and choose who they play with. A golfer who is below a certain skill level just can't be tolerated. It's all part of the same attitude.

Rick

Not to the same extent.... no way you get that many misplaced egos on a typical muni. I admit that there are upscale privately owned public courses, especially in resort and vacation areas, which get more than their fair share of those snobby types, but that same attitude generally keeps them away from municipal courses because those courses are beneath them. Some of those types even joined private clubs just so they wouldn't have to "mix" with us blue collar lowlifes. Then they play at a resort and get paired up with us anyway, and that just galls them.

Oh come on, there are clicks everywhere. Whether it be the mens association at the local muni that think they own the place, or the more righteous then thou at the private club, it is at every course. Any course you will play you will be treated a little different depending on how many times you have been there. If you are a regular anywhere, private, or public, you will be treated different than the first timer.

Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

i have to agree its everwhere but not as bad. And i think the thing that bothers me the most about going to a muni is ettiquete, most people there are just starting and really do not know what the hell they are doing. They don't know the rules and i think that could really get me frustrated. I guess i'll get used to it.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

i have to agree its everwhere but not as bad. And i think the thing that bothers me the most about going to a muni is ettiquete, most people there are just starting and really do not know what the hell they are doing. They don't know the rules and i think that could really get me frustrated. I guess i'll get used to it.

That's a mistaken impression too. I've played for going on 40 years at public courses always. And I know avid golfers who have played a lot longer that I have who are public muni players. The thing you will find is that public courses bring all types and experience levels. You cannot make that sort of generalization, because it just isn't true. Grow up a bit and get some experience outside of a club atmosphere... you will see that your current impressions are a bit skewed because you haven't gotten out and seen what is really there.

Rick

well, we'll find out in a few hours if phil sees his shadow or not, i know it'll be a good year for me if its an early spring

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

That's a mistaken impression too. I've played for going on 40 years at public courses always. And I know avid golfers who have played a lot longer that I have who are public muni players. The thing you will find is that public courses bring all types and experience levels. You cannot make that sort of generalization, because it just isn't true. Grow up a bit and get some experience outside of a club atmosphere... you will see that your current impressions are a bit skewed because you haven't gotten out and seen what is really there.

I'm going to second this. As far as the beginners on public courses, in my experience, they go out of their way to make sure they're obeying the etiquette - it's the one thing they know they can be good at at this point.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 5952 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!