IGNORED

Any other Cajuns here?

308 Ragin Cajun
Note: This thread is 2032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hello, all. My name is Scott, and i live in New Iberia, LA.  I'm just getting back into golf after a 10 year layoff, and I'm having to relearn most of what I used to know. I had a mild heart attack 4 years ago, and seem to have lost some of my muscle strength, mostly in the legs. Anyway, I don't hit it near as far as i used to. Guess I'll have to get back into shape. I play at Sugar Oaks Golf Club in New iberia

My current set up as a Titleist 915 D3, 59 gram <Mitsubishi Red shaft that I just got from Global Golf ( I haven't hit it  yet); Ben Hogan strong 3 wood, an old Taylor Made 16# Tour Cleek, that I've had for at least 30 years. Irons are Tommy Armour 845C Silver BAck 4-PW, with a Ben Hogan 3I hybrid. Wedges are Vokey 58& 54  Putter is Scotty Cameron flanged Bullseye. 

I've been lurking here fro a few days, and decided I need to join this forum. I also participate in 24 Hour Campfire shooting forunm, and TDPRI Fender Telecaster Forum. I hope to get to know some of you, and  to learn a few things about golf. I' m 65 yeers old, and have been playing golf since i was 13.

Edited by 308 Ragin Cajun
Correct mispells

Welcome back to the game.  

MyDad's family is from some little town near Shreveport (?) LA. I can remember visiting my Grand Parents who's use of the English language was something between French, and something else. 

My Great Grand Parents, who I met once, were real backwoods, Native Indian folks. They may have been real Cajuns, but not sure. 

Again, welcome to TST. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 hours ago, 308 Ragin Cajun said:

hello, all. My name is Scott, and i live in New Iberia, LA.  I'm just getting back into golf after a 10 year layoff, and I'm having to relearn most of what I used to know. I had a mild heart attack 4 years ago, and seem to have lost some of my muscle strength, mostly in the legs. Anyway, I don't hit it near as far as i used to. Guess I'll have to get back into shape. I play at Sugar Oaks Golf Club in New iberia

My current set up as a Titleist 915 D3, 59 gram <Mitsubishi Red shaft that I just got from Global Golf ( I haven't hit it  yet); Ben Hogan strong 3 wood, an old Taylor Made 16# Tour Cleek, that I've had for at least 30 years. Irons are Tommy Armour 845C Silver BAck 4-PW, with a Ben Hogan 3I hybrid. Wedges are Vokey 58& 54  Putter is Scotty Cameron flanged Bullseye. 

I've been lurking here fro a few days, and decided I need to join this forum. I also participate in 24 Hour Campfire shooting forunm, and TDPRI Fender Telecaster Forum. I hope to get to know some of you, and  to learn a few things about golf. I' m 65 yeers old, and have been playing golf since i was 13.

Welcome to The Sand Trap. I’m not a Cajun, but I am a Scott!😀

I’m 58 and after a few surgeries I don’t hit it as far either. But we can still score well and have fun.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Welcome! 

I lived down in the NOLA metro (Metairie) for several years. My wife is from Plaquemines Parish. We never ventured much toward your area, except when a friend got married down in Franklin. 

• 4 weeks later...

@308 Ragin Cajun, you've got another Cajun here.  I live in Oklahoma now, but I'm originally from Ville Platte.  My whole family is still there- VP to Youngsville/ Broussard, to Lake Charles.  I had an uncle who lived right on Bayou Teche, and we'd pass Squirrel Run when we went to visit him.

Driver:  :titleist: TS2 10.5* 
3-Wood: :titleist: TS2 16.5*
Irons: :titleist: T300
Wedges: :vokey: SM7 58*
Putter:  :scotty_cameron: Phantom X 6 STR

Hello there! Welcome! I was born in Alexandria. I used to work offshore as a medic in the gulf. I would take a chopper out of Grand Isle. I used to hang out in New Iberia with a buddy who lived on a boat there. Lived in Longview, TX so I visited Shreveport quite often for the boats!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Beaureed445,

I live in new Iberia on Bayou Teche, and have played Squirrel Run many times. I have also been to Ville Platte many times as my work often takes me there.

Vinsk, I use to go to Alexandria quite  a lot for work, Grand Isle, also. good to hear from you!

• 2 weeks later...

hi Scott. Welcome to TST. Do you live in New York or Washington ?

In My Bag : Cleveland Golf 2017 Huntington Beach Best Golf Putter
                   TaylorMade Men’s M2 Driver
                   Cleveland Golf Men’s 588 RTX Satin

17 hours ago, 308 Ragin Cajun said:

No, i live in South Louisiana, like all real Cajuns.

hey Scott,  in South Louisiana , which golf course is best ? 

In My Bag : Cleveland Golf 2017 Huntington Beach Best Golf Putter
                   TaylorMade Men’s M2 Driver
                   Cleveland Golf Men’s 588 RTX Satin

Note: This thread is 2032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!