IGNORED

Online lessons (Evolvr) vs In-Person coaching

Note: This thread is 2051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

23 hours ago, Cpsf856 said:

How did the online lessons go? The reason I ask is I’m just about at the end of my rope with golf. Been playing for 8 years, had 1 round in the 70s and a bunch in the 80s. Every 3 months it seems I go so far off the rails it’s unplayable. I have a group of about 10 guys that I play with.....none of them come nearly as close to “off the rails” as I get. Someone who has never played before would handidly best me. For context I put up an 8 on 18 straight holes (most a bow out after the 2nd ball was lost on each hole). Personally, lessons don’t work for me. Exaggerated motions and “drills” (literally the word pissed me off when I think of the money spent on this shit) only make me worse. Wondering if online lessons will work as im not willing to give another single dollar to a dude with a noodle telling me to grab my 8 iron. 

I've really dedicated myself to improving and working on what my instructor on Evovlr has me working on and I will say I feel like I'm improving at a rate that I otherwise wouldn't. 

The scores don't reflect it yet but I really believe I'm going to turn a corner soon and see a dramatic improvement in my scores (at the end of the season - of course :-$).

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

im not willing to give another single dollar to a dude with a noodle telling me to grab my 8 iron. 

LOL! Priceless!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

49 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Thanks...but that wasn't me; that was @Cpsf856:-$

Yeah my bad. I quoted from the box. But a beauty.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 9/9/2018 at 12:26 AM, Cpsf856 said:

How did the online lessons go? The reason I ask is I’m just about at the end of my rope with golf. Been playing for 8 years, had 1 round in the 70s and a bunch in the 80s. Every 3 months it seems I go so far off the rails it’s unplayable. I have a group of about 10 guys that I play with.....none of them come nearly as close to “off the rails” as I get. Someone who has never played before would handidly best me. For context I put up an 8 on 18 straight holes (most a bow out after the 2nd ball was lost on each hole). Personally, lessons don’t work for me. Exaggerated motions and “drills” (literally the word pissed me off when I think of the money spent on this shit) only make me worse. Wondering if online lessons will work as im not willing to give another single dollar to a dude with a noodle telling me to grab my 8 iron. 

I'd say give Evolvr a try. What you describe sounds just like me....have shot in the 70s a couple of times, 80s plenty of times, but otherwise my golf can be so bad I consider giving up after every round! I've had Evolvr for a couple of months, and the difference from 'normal' lessons is you're actually setting out to improve your swing one bit at a time.....all my work to date has been on grip and posture, takeaway and backswing, and I'm already in a much better position at the top. Don't expect instant results, but I feel like I'm building a better swing which means I can eliminate (or at least reduce dramatically) those days when golf is unplayable! I've had numerous face to face lessons over the years, however I'm finding the Evolvr approach breaking down the swing is working better for me.

Note: This thread is 2051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!