IGNORED

High Fade, Stinger Draw (Driver)

Note: This thread is 2063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all,

In the past 3 years of golfing I've been able to bring my handicap down to a 15. In doing so I switched my stock shot to a draw with all my clubs. Part of the benefit of changing my stock shot from what it was for years is that I can now play either with relative ease. 

One thing I've noticed with my driver however, is a significant difference in height with the draw and fade. The draw is a low, penetrating shot (practically a stinger) while the fade is a towering swoop that easily clears trees even a few yards off the tee. Has anyone else struggled with hitting a draw with a driver as high as their fade? What did you do to correct this? 

I would try to get on a Trackman, GC Quad, or some sort of launch monitor that displays your angle of attack and see if there is a difference with your attack angle or other delivery aspects that is causing the difference.

You might be delofting the club on the draw shots and increasing the loft on the fade shots which might account for the differences. Hard to say without seeing launch monitor numbers. Plenty of people hit high draws and low fades so its not like a rule that all draws have to be low and all fades have to be high.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, klineka said:

You might be delofting the club on the draw shots and increasing the loft on the fade shots

if he's mainly using face to shape the shot then most certainly

Bill - 

Maybe you are hitting the draw driver shot like an iron with a negative angle of attack and your fade with a positive angle of attack.
I hit both shot with a positive angle of attack and both fly really high, the fade a bit higher because of the open  face against the close face of a draw.  

Note: This thread is 2063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!