IGNORED

Improved Rapidly but Now My Game Is Gone to Hell

Note: This thread is 1981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am 9 months old golfer.

2 months ago. I was shooting a decent 80-85 , once broke 80 i.e.75 and that is not long ago

I started and played for 7 month at a course that was very hard, mostly fairways consisted of bare lies, greens would not hold the ball at all, being hard and at times not well trimmed. There was no practice range so I would stand on a side of a fairway( sort of a rough) and occasionally practice.

I shifted to a major city having a better golf course. The moment I've started playing on this course along with going to practice range almost 4 times a week, my score has gone to hell. I used to miss birdies on older course and here I am happy if I am putting for a bogey. 

At times parless round makes me go nuts. I don't know what to do. Flaring the toes to neutralizing the grip, I've tried every thing.

A bit of early extension is my problem but it always was there previously. I am unable to fix it despite all drills

I've tried everything to bring my club from inside, again I have failed 

My backswing is pretty short but this gives me fol distances 

60 degree W: 90 yrs

SW: 100+

PW: 120

9i: 130

8i:145

7i:155

6i:165+

I cannot hit my 5 wood at all and I dare not

Driver: 230 yrs and beyond generally in fairway 8/10 times 

My sand play is good

Short game is better than many old timers 

Putting: since these greens are new for me I 3 putt 40 %

I rest my case up to you 

An unusual game. If you can drive with that accuracy, hit your irons good distances and have a good short game, you ought to be able to score well despite relatively poor putting. 

Are you incurring a lot of penalties? 

• iacas changed the title to Improved Rapidly but Now My Game Is Gone to Hell

Shooting 75 in your first year of golf is quite an accomplishment. What is the yardage difference between your 75 course and the one you play now? For the majority of golfers strokes are lost in the long game. So if you’re hitting the fairways with your tee shots there must be something in your approaches that is wrecking your scoring.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 minutes ago, Aflighter said:

Course playing harder because its not hard with bare lies making it longer since you don't get the roll out.Your old course probably didn't have much rough either and greens were probably slower.

I agree that this could be part of your problem. I played in a local tourney this Summer, and the first round was at a public track that I have played hundreds of times. I scored fairly well. The second round was at Youngstown Country Club which I had never laid eyes on. That course chewed me up and spit me out! Needless to say I did not score well and missed the cut.

I would also say don't get in too much of a hurry. You've only been playing for 9 months. I've been playing over 50 years, and I know that improvement at any time breeds the desire for more. But golf isn't like that. many times it's 2 steps forward and 1 step back. 

There’s a term, Volkswagen- good around town but falls apart on the road.

Not being rude, that’s what the older guys called me when I was young and thought I was getting good lol.

Don’t worry, you’ll adjust your game to the new course, and then be a better golfer than before!

Note: This thread is 1981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!