IGNORED

Ben Hogan Clubs

Note: This thread is 1866 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• iacas changed the title to Ben Hogan Clubs
  • Administrator

I have a set. They're just the… VSole? Eidolon? The original set of irons are anyway.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

52 minutes ago, iacas said:

I have a set. They're just the… VSole? Eidolon? The original set of irons are anyway.

Yea, they're Eidolon. They bought the rights to use the Ben Hogan name from Callaway, so they're basically SCOR irons branded as Ben Hogans. Didn't they file for bankruptcy?

I believe Callaway still owns some rights to stuff from the original company, or even the original company itself (or whatever is legally left of it), hence why they're able to make irons under the Apex brand.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 hours ago, billchao said:

Yea, they're Eidolon. They bought the rights to use the Ben Hogan name from Callaway, so they're basically SCOR irons branded as Ben Hogans. Didn't they file for bankruptcy?

I believe Callaway still owns some rights to stuff from the original company, or even the original company itself (or whatever is legally left of it), hence why they're able to make irons under the Apex brand.

Whoa! Didn't the Ben Hogan Golf Company recently get resurrected? They have the Ft. Worth series available new yes? The documentary that Christian guy did who was a super fan of Hogan went there and got a free new set for being such an avid Hogan fan and following his 5 lessons book to the tee. They went under but I believe they are back to manufacturing clubs and selling them direct.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Whoa! Didn't the Ben Hogan Golf Company recently get resurrected? They have the Ft. Worth series available new yes? The documentary that Christian guy did who was a super fan of Hogan went there and got a free new set for being such an avid Hogan fan and following his 5 lessons book to the tee. They went under but I believe they are back to manufacturing clubs and selling them direct.

AFAIK they filed chapter 11 but they're still in operation. 

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I guess they’re treading water. They claim to have not filed bankruptcy but more a voluntary reorganization to cut expenses. They’re not friendly to lefties so I’ve never really looked at them much. I have an old set in the closet but nothing from their more ‘elite’ models.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I’ve played the Ft. Worth 15’s for the last 18 months. Great irons.

Wanted a new set with Project X 6.0 shafts but could never get a return call. 

Srixon was happy to fit a new set of Z forged with the shafts and specs I requested. 

It’s a shame because the FW 15’s are very good, especially for the price.

I figured there's some "holding company" or whatever now in possession of the Ben Hogan brand. For the past 2 years I've found Ben Hogan branded clothing at WalMart, and they are very nice goods! Moisture wicking stuff that fits well and is stylish! And, you can get shorts and shirts for well under $20 per piece! I've bought a bunch of it. Haven't seen any of the clubs around here though. 

Note: This thread is 1866 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!