IGNORED

Career that allows more golf???

Cinco
Note: This thread is 5609 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been racking my brain trying to think of a career that allows more time for golf. Can anyone help me out? Does anyone have a career that allows them to play golf multiple times per week?

My Golf Blog

I have been racking my brain trying to think of a career that allows more time for golf. Can anyone help me out?

I work a 9 day fortnight which means that every two weeks I get three round of golf per weekend. Other than that you could try teaching for unlimited golfing time during the summer, though it makes paying for the golf more difficult!

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

I think many a career can lend itself to playing more golf. It all depends on your schedule. I play a couple of times a week in the morning around 7:30AM. I walk and play 9 and can do it in about an hour and 15 minutes. That puts me at getting to work around 9AM. I wear my work clothes to play and don't have to worry about showering. Various things can make playing more like this easier or harder (like having to wear a suit to work). You could also look into playing on your lunch break, but how flexable your work schedule is will dictate whether or not squeezing a round in at some point during the day is possible. Family obligations will also impact upon your ability to play more. When the days are longer you could also look into playing nine after work, but that's where family obligations can become more problematic. I had pretty much quit playing after I got married. It wasn't a conscience decision but rather my priorities had changed as my life changed. Now my kids are older and I began playing with them, and so I took the game back up. I now make the time during the week for playing 9 once or twice and weekends with the kids. I'll also get up early on saturdays when the family takes the opportunity to sleep in and I'l play 9 or 18 with a friend. All in all I can usually get in 1 or 2 complete rounds of golf pretty much every week by managing my time and working golf in around my schedule.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

I was talking the other day with the the golf sales associate at my local chain sporting goods store. He had worked as a sales rep for Sun Mountain and Ram (back when they were a top brand) and said that he played a lot and didn't pay a greens fee in 40 years! The fact that he is probably around 70 and working in a chain store for maybe minimum wage would be an indication it isn't the best paying work in the world.

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

Well I worked 30 years as a police officer, retired at 3/4 pay and play 2-3 times a week. The only drawback is that you are old before the golf is easy to schedule.

Loyalty above all else, except honor.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would think any outside sales position will work better than most. You can make your own schedule.

What's in my Bagboy Revolver cart bag:

Polarity MTR Irons 2&3 (hybrid) thru PW
R7 Burner Draw Driver 460cc
R7 Burner 3 Wood 5614 Vokey Wedge Tour Chrome Studio Select 1.5 ProV1's

Teacher's get the summer off, Firefighters also have flexable scheduals. they can work 24 on 24 off, 24 on 48 off if they want and can find someone else to rotate with. they also can retire after 20 years with a pension.

You could always get a job (full time or part time) at a golf course. However, some allow their employees to play more than others. I played on one where i saw a member of the grounds crew with a chainsaw, some rakes and his golf bag in the back of his cart.

if you can work it around your boss, ask if its possible to do 4 10 hr days, thats waht i do, get 3 days off, or my old job i was in charge of vendor recieving making decent amount of money, and i worked 6 am to 2 everyday, and in the summer getting off at 2 is plenty time to get in 18 =]

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

I am a high school chemistry teacher, and if I get the asst. golf coach position next year, I get discounted country club memberships, and can play more cheaper.

Teachers don't make a lot of money, but I only "teach" 3 hours 40 minutes per day, 180 days a year. So, for the amount of time I actually work, I get paid really well.

Steve

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

Outside sales weasel - we litter the courses every afternoon.

If you are confident enough for commissioned sales(and are good at it), you will never be looking over your back wondering if your boss is on the next tee box.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The car park at my local course is always full of taxis during the week,so I guess thats the job to do.

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

The past two summers I caddied at a country club with many members who are high up at prestigious business firms, and a lot of them were out on the course with clients 2-3 days during the week with clients, plus another round or two over the weekend for pleasure.

909 D2 9.5° Driver - Diamana Blue Board Stiff
F-60 3W - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue Stiff
CLK FLI-HI 17°/20° Hybrids - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue Stiff
MP-57 4-PW - True Temper Dynalite Gold Superlite S300
MP-T 54°/12° & 60°/8° - Rifle Spinner Bettinardi C-03 Putter Pro V1x

I am a high school counselor and get to play a fair amount, but I have friends at the golf club who are firefighters and they are out there way more than me. They work 2 days, 2 nights (12 hour shifts), and then they're off for 4.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Note: This thread is 5609 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!