IGNORED

Golf Towels - Best, What do You Use, etc.?

Note: This thread is 4043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought cheap white hand towels from Wal*Mart at $4 a piece. They are pretty thick and plush, so they do a great job at cleaning clubs and balls. I got the ones that don't have that textured strip on the because I didn't want it to look like I grabbed something from the bathroom. It's great to carry 4 towels in my bag on the course for less than the price of one logo'd towel. I usually have two out of the bag; one for clubs and the other for sweaty forehead and hands. The other two are in a pocket in case the other two get too nasty to use anymore.

In my Exodus on a 2.0
Driver..... FT-5 10* Draw
Fairway.. Big Bertha 2007 3w
Hybrids... 3DX DC 3 & 4 Ironwood
Irons...... TA6 5-DWedges.. CG-14 56* 2 dot, Niblick 37*Putter.... IC 2010

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a free Srixon towel I got from buying a dozen of their balls. I also carry an old towel that I wet down before my rounds to clean my wedges and grips.

Ditto that.

Srixon "play a better ball" towel from Zstar dozen and an old towel that I wet down to clean irons after shots.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I use a nice titleist towel my wife won in her one golf tournament for closest to the pin (her second time to ever play golf). Some friends invited us to play. I fell in love with the game and she gave me the towel. Actually lost it today. Spent an hour making the rounds re-tracing my steps but didn't find it. The course called me an hour ago saying they found it.

In my Nike SasQuatch Staff Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 9.5 Stiff
Irons: Ping G5 4-P
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Cleveland bent to 49*
Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey
Ball: Srizon Z-Star Yellow
Range: SkyCaddie 2.5

I just use one of the many free ones that I seem to accumulate.

I have, however, been resisting the urge to pull the trigger on one of those towels with the frog on it that stays half wet and half dry.

In my stand bag:
9* G10 driver
904F 15* 3 wood
3-PW MP-52 irons
Burner Rescue 19* HybridSpalding 60* lob wedge Tiffany 34"Leupold GX-I rangefinderTitleist Pro V1 ball

what kind of towel do you guys use?

The best towel is one that you can clip onto your bag for handy access!

Lefty Golfer!
In my light stand bag:
R7 Limited Driver 9.5* Matrix Ozik xcon 5.5 Stiff Shaft
A3os 3 (19*) and 4 (22*) Hybrids Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff shafts
X-22's 5-AW Regular Flex Uniflex Steel Shafts X-Forged SW 56* & LW 60* 35" Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 ('04 version) with a...

I just use one of the many free ones that I seem to accumulate.

I'd buy one of those if they were more easily accessible.

I like my bag to look good, and I think a towel sporting "Titleist" or "Mizuno" looks better than a plain black or blue one. They are not that expensive anyways, I usually pick up one when buying something else online.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i took an old rag and folded it up and drilled a hole in it and use a zip tie to zip tie it to my bag. its great.

Free towels from golf events are the best.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

I use this one. Stays mostly dry on a wet day. I use it to put over grips on dew-covered ground.

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

Ive got a Bridgestone Golf towel that has my name embroidered on it. Last year Bridgestone had a promotion where if you buy 2 dozen E5+/E6+/E7+ or 1 dozen B330s and sent the UPC labels in, they would send you a golf towel.
IMO, thats a pretty sweet deal considering I was going to eventually need to buy balls anyways.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

my wife has picked up a bunch of golf towels at goodwill -usually $1 a piece sometimes they are brand new. Often with company logos that I do not recognize.

Or use some old ones from around the house - pop a groment in them and they work great

In my Bag

4LM 12 Degree

AP1 5-G Rosa putter

I have an old faded Mizuno towel that an old Pro gave me. Best towel is a wet towel, unless, of course, it's raining. By wet, I mean just the tip.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

Guy I golf with showed up with a "stretch towel" today. I'd not heard of it before but it's pretty cool. It really works to help you stretch in a variety of manners. Only $10 too at golftown. http://www.golftown.com/gtcommerce/s...11780C119.aspx
Driver :Adams Speedline 9032LS 10.5*
Woods:Wilson Staff FYbrid 3W
Hybrids:Wilson Staff FYbrid (wood/hybrid gap)
Hybrids:Ben Hogan Edge CFT 3H & 4H
Irons:King Cobra S9 5I-PWSand Wedge:Cleveland CG12-58*Putter:Ping Redwood AnserBall:Nike Karma/Topflite GamerFavourite Gizmo:Club Caddy

The blue ones are the best.

Color does not matter if you're not fitted for the towel...

Cart Bag: AMP Xtreme
Driver: 460
3 Wood | 5 Wood: Diablo
Irons: (3-8) X18 | X Forged 9 & P
Wedges: X Forged 52 (12) | 58 (10) C-Grind Putter: Anser 4 i SeriesBall: Burner1978 - 93 - All Time Best - 84 or12 over in 1991.1994 - 2008 - Inactive2008 - Present - All Time Best 96 or 24...

I have a couple nike towls that a buddy gave to me, their super think and hold dirt/water/spit/sweat well. I usually have 2 towels when its either raining or super humid. One for me and my grips and the other for my club faces ect.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

RD periodically sells microfiber towels for $3 at tent sales. I picked up a few, and cycle them in.

I have a big Srixon towel that I "won" by being one of the first 50 to show up at a particular tent sale. I haven't used it, but it's sitting in my closet.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!