IGNORED

Frozen fingers - ideas?

Note: This thread is 5251 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It was COLD today, but I was ready to play golf. Every other part of me was warm enough *except* my fingers which were freezing and my figertips which felt like they were frozen solid. I had to run back to the truck from the range to warm them up and then just took off. How can I keep my hands/fingers/fingertips warm, esp. if I am walking?

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Have you tried mittens? The ones you can slide off of your fingers and just push them up your wrists? That'll keep the wind and such off your hands except when you're actually hitting a shot.

It was COLD today, but I was ready to play golf. Every other part of me was warm enough *except* my fingers which were freezing and my figertips which felt like they were frozen solid. I had to run back to the truck from the range to warm them up and then just took off. How can I keep my hands/fingers/fingertips warm, esp. if I am walking?

I have a pair of Footjoy winter gloves for cold weather. I don't like playing with them (I don't like playing with any glove at all), but sometimes it's a necessity.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wear 2 pairs of golf gloves?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Mizuno makes a nice winter glove--Thermagrip--that is a reasonable compromise between warmth and thinness/feel. It's not as comfortable as a normal setup, but it's definitely better than frozen hands or, heaven forbid, not playing.

Also, if you use a pushcart when walking cart mittens are a good option. Just wear your normal glove (or none, if you don't use one) and keep your hands in the mittens until you get ready to hit.

WITB:
Driver:  ping.gif Anser 9.5°  | Fairway:    XCG5 15° 
Hybrid:   XCG5 19°  | Irons:  mizuno.gif JPX-825 4-GW
Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP R-12 56°, 60°
Putter:  ping.gif Grayhawk TR

I have a pair of Footjoy winter gloves for cold weather. I don't like playing with them (I don't like playing with any glove at all), but sometimes it's a necessity.

+1

but i usually play with the left side like a normal glove and when i walk i wear the right side.

Driver: FT Tour 9.5
Fairway woods: X-Fairway 3 and 5
Irons: : X-Forged '09 3-PW in Carolina Blue, Oklahoma Orange, and Wake Forest Green grips.
Wedges: X-Forged '09 54-14 and Vokey Spin-Milled 60-7
Putter: Odyssey Black Series #8

Preferred Ball: Z-star Tour Yellow

In the Pockets: Ball, Ecotee, Switchblade Divot Repair tool, Pencil w/ Eraser.

I buy those disposable hand warmers called "Hot Hands." I also have a pair of mittens without fingers. They just have holes in the end so you can slide them up your arm while hitting if you choose to. I place one hand warmer in each mitten and keep things nice and toasty in there. Take them off while I'm hitting and put them back on when I'm not. Hands are usually the warmest part of my body.

I picked up some of those Ping mittens for $25 a couple of weeks ago, they have worked great. I battle the cold hand problem when its chilly with a breeze. The wind just makes me cold period.
Try some mittens with warmer packs and your hands will be hot. Hope this helps.
Rob

Updated 2/7/10 - In my Revolver Pro bag:
Driver: G-10 10.5* TFC 129 Stiff flex 3-W: G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
#2h(17*) Stiff Flex #3(21*) & #4(24*): Hybrid G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
5-PW: MP32 (DG300)S flex Wedges 52-8, 56-14, and 60-04 Bobby Jones Wedges
Putter: Rossa Monte Carlo 35"Grips:...

I have tried the FJ cold weather gloves and thought they were too desensitizing, but recently started wearing a pair of FJ rain gloves (left and right). They are nice in keeping the wind off your hands and not losing the sensitivity.

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

What about the rest of your body? Are you wearing a hat and do you have enough layers for your core? I used to race bicycles and trained and raced a lot in the New England winter. When your body starts to chill, the first thing that happens is blood moves toward you core (chest area) and away from your extremities. That's why hands and feet get coldest first.

The above suggestions for gloves and handwarmers are all excellent. But I would add a warm hat, insulated sox and layers around your mid section as well. You can get inexpensive fleece jackets and sox that are not too bulky that will work great. Your hands will then be warm.

Scott

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I usually have success with my footjoy winter gloves and keeping my hands tucked in my pockets when not holding a club.

Titleist 14 way stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3
3wood: Titleist 910f
hybrid: Ping I20
4-Gw: Ping I20

56 Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM4

60 Wedge: Cleveland CG10

Putter: Scotty Cameron California Fastback

I have a big pair of mittens that I found at a discount store. The great thing about mittens is that they are easy to get on and off. I will wear them between each shot and not take them off until I am ready to swing. When putting, I keep them on until I need to put the ball down. They don't need to be anything fancy or expensive, just easy on and off.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I have a big pair of mittens that I found at a discount store. The great thing about mittens is that they are easy to get on and off. I will wear them between each shot and not take them off until I am ready to swing. When putting, I keep them on until I need to put the ball down. They don't need to be anything fancy or expensive, just easy on and off.

Reminds me of my idiot mitten days.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

if youre walking... you have plenty of time between shots... some really good winter gloves (regardless if they are made for golf or not) and some of those chemical warmers... just remove them... hang them on your push/pull cart... take a swing... put them back on and walk to your next shot
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Note: This thread is 5251 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!