IGNORED

300 yard drive, what's the big deal?

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 2062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Let's say a player averages 5° off-line.

A shorter hitter will be "more accurate" because his ball won't go as far off-line, but stats show that the longer hitter STILL has the advantage. In fact, Broadie's stats would say that gaining only 20 yards while keeping the same accuracy level (by degrees, not by fairways hit) shaves 2.3 strokes off the scores of a 100-shooting golfer.

That same golfer will only shave 1 stroke by hitting the ball one degree more accurately.

Note how at every level of the game, the added 20 yards of distance is equally or more important than an extra degree of accuracy.

Sorry, @RightEdge.

I am usually around 85-90 strokes and I would say 20yds would improve me by about 5-6 shots a round, y20 yds is a big difference, I would love to turn my 5i approaches to 7i!

:powerblt: Air force one complete set

:powerblt: TPS Putter

:oakley: Shirts

:footjoy: shoes

Distance with accuracy is always a good thing.

Distance without accuracy is always a bad thing.

I mean c'mon.... I rather be smacking my drives longer and be 15,20, 30 yards closer for my second shot.

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

Distance with accuracy is always a good thing. Distance without accuracy is always a bad thing. . I mean c'mon.... I rather be smacking my drives longer and be 15,20, 30 yards closer for my second shot.

Short distance without accuracy is the worst of all.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 years later...
8 hours ago, Envyit112 said:

I can drive the ball over 300 can't chip or putt to save my life. today playing drove the green on a par 4 and still got bogey..

Lowest score wins...

I enjoy playing young studs and beating them with a boring game of pars and bogeys on my way to a high 70's round. They take mulligans, give themselves a number of putts, "rake" others in, miss some gime's and give themselves the putt anyway on their way to a high 80's round (which should have been a mid 90's round if played by the rules).

Work on your game. It is truly more fun that way.

Edited by Carl3
typo

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!