IGNORED

best golf courses played

Rezgolf
Note: This thread is 3370 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

US

Pinehurst No 2

Kiawah

Habourtown

UK

Nairn

Royal Birkdale

Royal St Georges

Swinley Forest

European

Thracian Cliffs, Bulgaria

Old Course, Vilamoura, Portugal

San Lorenzo, Vilamoura, Portugal

Torrequebrada, Spain

Just getting started on my list of courses I would "like to play" but my favorite so far is City Park Golf Course in Denver. The view of the Denver skyline with the front range looming in the background is an amazing perspective.

TaylorMade R11 Driver

X-20 Irons

Fusion FT-3 Driver

White Hot XG 9 Putter

• 2 months later...

Hard to rank these, so in no particular order, my favorites:

Pebble Beach

Spyglass Hill

San Francisco CC

Poppy Hills

Spanish Bay

Pasatiempo

Kapalua Plantation

Princeville Prince Course

Caladonia Golf & Fish Club

Chambers Bay

Edgewood Tahoe

Grizzly Ranch (Nor CA)

Whitehawk Ranch (Nor CA)

Kananaskis (Canada)

Just made reservations for a trip to Bandon Dunes at end of September.  Playing Pacific Dunes twice, Bandon Dunes once and Old MacDonald once.  May try to squeeze in Bandon Trails if time allows.  Can't wait!!!

Difficult to rank, may be top golf course in your country, top golf course you want to play

In My country, top golf course I want to play

1. Montgomerie Link

2. Danang Golf Club

3. Long Thanh Golf Club

4. Vietnam Golf Country Club

5. Sea Link & Country Golf Club

6. Diamond Bay Resort Golf

7. King's Island Golf Club

8. Chi Linh Star Golf Resort

9. Tam Dao Golf Resort

10. Laguna Lang Co Golf Resort

Vietnam

So many destinations to choose from in soo little time! If you're a fan of consistently good weather, why not head on over to South Africa?

A lot of the golf courses are locations with distinct landscapes and there are plenty of diverse activities to do beside golf. We currently rent out golf clubs to people holidaying in South Africa. We've heard a lot of good things about the golf courses there.

But if you don't want travel across the globe, there are amazing courses closer to home. Probably one of the most famous golf courses in the world - Augusta! I've yet to travel there, it's definitely in my top 10 list of golf courses.

This is my first post so please excuse my greenness. :) I've played some pretty cool courses in Thailand and lucky enough, I'm heading back over next month. Whilst I've played at some really good courses, some of my favourites in fact, I'm sure there are heaps more to explore. Especially the way I play golf! I'd be interested if anyone has played any others apart from what I've listed, I'm always up for a new challenge My favourite courses, in sort of some order are below Black Mountain Banyan Santiburi Samui Country Club Ayodhya Links Thai Country Club Royal Gems Dream Arena (this will be awesome once it becomes established!) Suwan Definitely don't go to Best Ocean, great layout but the worst golfing experience ever! I look forward to your ideas

Ping G25 Driver 8.5 deg TFC 189 s flex Golf Pride Tour Velvet Titleist 904F 15 deg Fujikura Speeder s flex Golf Pride Tour Velvet Callaway X14 Pro head 2 iron Rifle (s) Golf Pride Tour Velvet Mizuno MP30 3 iron to PW Nippon NS Pro 1050 (s) Golf Pride Tour Velvet Callaway X14 SW 56 deg Rifle (s) Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cleveland 588 60deg bent 3 weak Ping Anser 4 Isopur2 with so much lead it's obscene! Mizuno Aerolite X Samurai Bag Titliest Pro VX 1[SIZE=1]Ping G25 Driver 8.5 deg Titleist 904F 15 deg Fujikura Callaway X14 Pro head 2 iron Rifle (s) Mizuno MP30 3 iron to PW Nippon NS Pro 1050 (s) Callaway X14 SW 56 deg Rifle (s) Cleveland 588 60deg bent 3 weak, beaten up and real ugly Ping Anser 4 Isopur2 with so much lead it's obscene Mizuno Aerolite X Limited Edition Samurai Bag Titliest Pro VX 1

Last week i was in Spain,

Played Marbella Club witch is very nice

Los Arqueros ( i just love this one ) suits my game but nowhere near an easy course

And Valderama it's nice because off it's name and history. Altho a great course and great condition

I am nowhere near good enough to play a decent round out there

In the Netherlands my favo course is Rosendealsche golfclub.

I think also the oldest.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Well, I haven't golfed a whole lot of places, but probably the nicest was Cherokee Hills in Bellefountaine, OH.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A few of my favorite courses I've played (in no particular order):

The Tribute - The Colony, Texas

TPC San Antonio, Oaks Course - San Antonio, Texas

Squire Creek - Choudrant, Louisiana

Jackson Hole Golf Club - Jackson, Wyoming

Golfclub Gstaad-Saanenland - Gstaad, Switzerland

Mid-Ocean Club - Tucker's Town, Bermuda

The first three are just fun courses. The last three have the added benefit of beautiful scenery.

Tyler Martin

I've really just started to play some better courses. In the last couple years, I've been lucky enough to play, in no particular order: Ridgewood CC Alpine Country CC Knickerbocker CC Lehigh CC Playing Sugarbush Golf Course in Warren CT tomorrow and I've heard some great things.

Recently:

Bandon Dunes

Pacific Dunes

Portrush

I've been lucky enough to play Portrush last year, and Bandon this year, and while both were amazing experiences, I have to go with Bandon Dunes. It's just perfection in a links course.

• 2 weeks later...

The only course worth mentioning for me would be Tiburón Golf Club in Naples, FL. I played the Black course. The absence of any deep rough can actually be a curse.. if you hit an errant shot your ball can roll very far off-line. Absolutely stunning course conditions and amazing facilities, I enjoyed my time there.

Putter:   - Zing 2

Wedge:  49° 54° & 58°

Irons:     - ADX 100; 4-10

Hybrid:  - 909H

Driver:   - '09 Burner

Originally Posted by MP in EG

Just made reservations for a trip to Bandon Dunes at end of September.  Playing Pacific Dunes twice, Bandon Dunes once and Old MacDonald once.  May try to squeeze in Bandon Trails if time allows.  Can't wait!!!

I can't knock a decision to play Pacific Dunes twice, as it is my favorite there. But try not to pass up Bandon Trails. It is a great track. Frankly, I would pass on Old MacDonald if it came to that. Kind of an odd, oldtime linksy layout, although the seventh green provides probably the best views on the entire property.

View south toward Pacific Dunes

View north toward the Sheep farm

14th hole on Trails. Some significant elevation changes throughout the course

Bill M

I'm rather obliged to say Fox Meadow Country Club in Medina, Ohio. I haven't had the privilege of playing many courses in my life, so maybe my opinion doesn't mean much. Either way, it is by far the nicest course I've played on.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• 4 weeks later...

Very interesting discussion. My list is:

1. Royal Melbourne West

2. Carnoustie

3.Turnberry

4. Santaburi Thailand

5. Royal Birkdale

6. Swinley Forest

7. Kingsbarns

8. Walton Heath

9. Kingston Heath

10. Bethpage Red (the Black was closed)

Note: This thread is 3370 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!