• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
inthehole

Is this for real ??

12 posts in this topic

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I like Scottys but I wouldn't spend that much on one. I don't mind my mass-produced Scotty anyway.

Delusional is about all I can say although I guess with any hobby, we all spend an obscene amount of money on it.

Awards and Achievements

This price is not surprising. Tour issue Camerons go for a lot of money. They are obviously worth it to the people who collect them.

It's nothing to do with how good a putter they may or may not be. The people who buy these particular models rarely if ever use them.

Probably best to let people spend their many as they see fit.

My personal view is that it seems to be a little immature to collect things that say "Tour Use Only" and such stamped and embroidered all over them, but I can certainly see the attraction of a lot of the 009 putters.

We are not talking about a mass produced OTR Cameron here.

Regardless of that the news says somebody has money.  What's fishy is how many "collectable" SC's  are available on E-Bay. Somebody else knows when to take the money and run.

Does not surprise me in the slightest....

If you want to shake your head in amazement/mocking/laughter... search "Scotty Cameron Damascus"

You've been warned....

not surprising. there are SC headcovers that go for that much.

I fail to see what the big deal is - I can get the Damascus by the dozen, directly from a Chinese supplier. When I Googled it - that link came up!

Play lucky bid  on E-bay!

Originally Posted by Bryan SD2

Does not surprise me in the slightest....

If you want to shake your head in amazement/mocking/laughter... search "Scotty Cameron Damascus"

You've been warned....

I don't think it's about the putter or its performance -- it's about the name and having something no one else has...

If golfers were serious about their putting and wanted to spend $380-800, imho, they'd get fitted for an Edel. Something that actually works for their stroke.

Awards and Achievements

Its a collectors item and an investment.  Thoses putters never see the course and hold there value.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

I don't think it's about the putter or its performance -- it's about the name and having something no one else has...

If golfers were serious about their putting and wanted to spend $380-800, imho, they'd get fitted for an Edel. Something that actually works for their stroke.

This sums up my thoughts.

Before I found out about Edel I used Camerons almost exclusively because:

a) they always felt good (not a fan of inserts).

b) almost all of them had toe hang

c) they were almost all fairly simple - even the Detour - in appearance

d) their specs were as close to the listed values as any other putter(s) out there.

Awards and Achievements

I did eight damascus specials in 2005 for the PGA Trade show in Orlando. They sold to collectors at $1000 a piece. Each head was different and one of a kind. No telling where they are now but all the collectors are in the U.S. that purchased them.

Longbow2.JPG Damascus Steel TvilleII & Havana1.jpg

Damascus Steel TvilleII & Havana2.jpg Damascus Havana 3.JPG