IGNORED

Marijuana, stupidity and the range

Note: This thread is 6195 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

At the risk of sounding like a prude, let me just say that I'm rired of urban kids creating a bad atmosphere for golf. I was at the range the other day in Elmsford NY when all of a sudden a 20ish punk runs in front of all the tee boxes, and almost got beaned by me and a bunch of other golfers. It looks like they where daring each other to do it or something.

These punks where further carrying on and making a lot of noise. Thankfully, I was about down to 15 balls in the bucket, and was wrapping it up. Most of the people there are serious about golf and were trying to concentrate. A few families were there trying to teach their kids, and there was a lesson going on in the reserved tee.

A little bit later I got a wiff of marijuana that these dummies were smoking. Now I've smoked marijuana in the past and on occasion I partake of the toke, but not on the golf range in front of kids.

I think someone called the police on these hoodlums because later the police showed up. Either way I wish I had beaned the punk who ran in front of my slot even if I probably would have been sued for unlawfully discharging my 3 iron causing pain and a sufferin.

Sorry I had to vent. Thanks for listening.

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

• Administrator
I'd have given serious thought to calling the police and having them arrested. Did you inform the head pro or someone at the range?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd have given serious thought to calling the police and having them arrested. Did you inform the head pro or someone at the range?

I was thinking the same thing. Where was the management during all of this?

I was thinking the same thing. Where was the management during all of this?

Probably taking bets on where the kid would get hit, or firing up the picker to run em down.

By the way who aims for the picker when it rumbles onto the range?

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

"People on 'Ludes should not drive!"

Oh wait, wrong movie...

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

I though about telling the range staff, but the thugs where numerous. I would have been able to take on 1 or two, if they retaliated for informing the range staff, but not 8 thugs. And they may have been armed with a knife or a gun. Me? I would have been armed with my4 iron. As far as having them arrested, in New York State the revolving door of justice is well lubricated. The other day I was reading in the paper about a repeat offender that shot someone in the ankle. The repeat offender served 2 months. The guy that got shot? Probably will have pain for life. Thats golf in the big apple!

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

I use grass every once in a while but I have never been under the influence golfing, maybe it would calm me down enough to play decent!

In the bag:
Great Big Birtha II Stiff 10 degrees
Hibore 15 degrees, V2 shaft stiff
X-forged 3-pw
Vokey Oil Can 256-10, 260-08 34in Tess ProV1

I would have been able to take on 1 or two, if they retaliated for informing the range staff, but not 8 thugs.

DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Brings a whole new meaning to the famous quote by Carl Spackler "I've evented my own grass it is a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensimilla: The amazing stuff about this is that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home, and just get stoned to the bejesus belt that night.”

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
i have a very short fuse so i just inform people on the course or at the driving range if people are being pain the butts (best G rated word choice i could think of) the way i see it is i have 13 clubs that i will wrap around some ones head. so i just have to avoid the confrontation.

I hear you man, some idiots do not respect the sport at all. Just the other day I was playing a round and in my bosses back swing I hear a blow horn. I mean I thought it was pretty funny and all, but they were doing it to almost everybody on the course... I had no idea where they were either, was thinking of calling the police, but I'm not sure if that is even a crime. As far as weed and drinking goes, beer is ok in my opinion. Brew atleast from my experience keeps me loose and relaxed, which is not a bad feeling when taking a golf swing. Weed on the other hand is a bit rude, I mean some people would prefer not to smell/inhale what others are smoking. I can't be a hypocrite because I smoke bud every once and a while, but honestly I keep the illegal substances off the course, there is a place and time for everything.

Whats in the bag!

Driver: Titileist 983 E. 9.5* S.
Woods 3&5: Titileist 906F
Irons: Nike NDS 3-pwLob Wedge: Vokey 60*Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 56*Putter: Nike Oz Black T160. 35Ball: Titileist Pro V1-x

• 2 weeks later...
I hope I don't get a bad rep because Im new to this forum. But when me and my buddies golf we always bring 2 Blunts with us(front 9, back 9). We don't do anything stuiped, we play real golf. I am the worse golfer in the group if you can't tell by my handicap, Ive only been playing for 3 years and shoot between 95-110 usually. best golfer in the group shoots low 80's. We are all pot heads that just love to golf. there is nobody around when we smoke and we don't hold anybody up. Infact we play pretty fast. Im not telling people to do this. But Just wanted to see if anybody else does this?

ummmmm.......that would be somthing you would keep to your self . probly not the best idea to put this as one of your first posts either.

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Eh, I don't really care what other people do on the course - it's their perogative, and they have to face whatever consequences. My golfing buddies are pretty clean--the occasional cigarette, more often than not some beer, but no weed or shit like that. If anyone else wants to do that shit, that's their choice--I have no problem with that as long as they stay out of my way, don't blow that shit in my direction, or tear up the course, or play too slow, or well, you get the idea.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Eh, I don't really care what other people do on the course - it's their perogative, and they have to face whatever consequences. My golfing buddies are pretty clean--the occasional cigarette, more often than not some beer, but no weed or shit like that. If anyone else wants to do that shit, that's their choice--I have no problem with that as long as they stay out of my way, don't blow that shit in my direction, or tear up the course, or play too slow, or well, you get the idea.

*in a non-aggressive tone* we don't smoke cigarettes, or drink beer. only weed. weed isn't a bad drug. Infact Beer is a worse drug for you, and your game. IMO. We are out of your way, I hope, and it would be impossible to blow it in anybodys direction considering you should be about 300yds away from us. tearing up the coarse would piss me off. We are lacking a lot of water in Florida right now and the coarses are not in that great of condition. Anyways, I get the idea. and slow golfers piss me off too. Shot a 96 today..im getting better every day. sweet. it must be the weed. jk

At the risk of sounding like a prude, let me just say that I'm rired of urban kids creating a bad atmosphere for golf. I was at the range the other day in Elmsford NY when all of a sudden a 20ish punk runs in front of all the tee boxes, and almost got beaned by me and a bunch of other golfers. It looks like they where daring each other to do it or something.

No. You didn't sound like a prude at all.....

Ease up Mr. Holier Than Thow..... Would you rather they be breaking in to your car or home, while you're hitting balls on the range? Maybe the people that can't take the "punks" in public (get used to it) should stay under their own lit'l bridge or cute lit'l white tower? I don't smoke or drink, but when I was 20'ish I partied my arse off and had a good time making sure no one was going to get hurt but me. That's all they were doing. It could've been much worse.
In The Bag

Driver: FT3 -or- TMTB
Woods: Cobra F-Speed
Hybrids: Cally FT, 3 & 4Irons: T/M R7TP's, W/PX 5.5 Wedge: Cally X-Forged, 52 & 58Putter: S/C Studio II Ballz: T/M Black -or- Prov1X

Doesn't everyone?

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

Note: This thread is 6195 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!